WE asked Mark O'Haire (@MarkOHaire) to enter his bulging stats bible to deliver us the best ante-post stats and trends ahead of the new Championship season. Take a look at these beauts…
Championship | Stats To Follow
- Average price in the past 10 years – 14/1.
- Average position finished year previously – 7th (two were relegated clubs).
- 10 of the past 15 winners were priced up at double-figure odds.
- Average finishing position in the past 10 years – 6th.
- Last wining favourite – Manchester City (2001/02).
- Four of the last seven favourites have won promotion.
- Relegated clubs have won the Championship just twice in 13 seasons.
- Only eight clubs (27%) have won promotion straight back to the Premier League in the past 10 years though 15 (50%) finished in the top-six and just five (17%) finished in the bottom half.
- Average finishing position of a relegated club in the past 10 years – 8th.
- Average finishing position of a promoted club in the past 10 years – 14th.
- Only five promoted clubs have suffered immediate relegation in the past 10 seasons.
- All three promoted clubs have survived in six of the past 10 seasons including in four of the past five seasons.
- Promoted sides have won successive promotions twice (7%), five (17%) have made the top-six with 14 (47%) finishing in the top-half and 16 (53%) finishing in the bottom half across the past 10 years.
- League One champions have finished in the top-1o in six of the last seven seasons and averaged a 12th-palced finish over the past 10 years.
- League One runners-up have finished in the top-10 in four of the past five seasons and averaged a 12th-placed finish over the past 10 years.
- League One play-off winners have finished in 18th or below in 11 of the last 15 seasons and averaged an 18th-placed finish over the past 10 years.
Any Other Business
- The average price of all three promoted clubs in the past 10 years is 28/1 with 13/30 (43%) of sides being priced up at 20/1 or bigger.
- In each of the past 10 seasons a promoted club has been priced up at 20/1 or larger.
- The average finish of a losing play-off finalist is 9th across the past 10 years – two won promotion (both times as champions).
- The average finishing position of a side involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign across the past 10 years is 11th.
- In four of the past 10 years, a team involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign has been crowned champions including in three of the last four seasons – nine (30%) finished in the top-six again.
- The top scoring side has won the league in five of the past 10 years and been promoted on seven occasions (average finish 2nd).
- The side with the best defence has been crowned champions in three of the past 10 years, winning promotion on six occasions (average finish 3rd).
- The worst defence has been relegated in nine of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on seven occasions (average finish 23rd).
- The lowest scoring side has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on three occasions (average finish 20th).
*Away - W-D-L
*O2.5 - Over 2.5 Goals
*BTTS - Both Teams To Score
*CS - Clean Sheets
*FTS - Failed To Score
*TG O1.5 - Over 1.5 Team Goals
*Profit/Loss - From £10 level stakes in every 2014/15 game.