WE asked Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) to enter his bulging stats bible to deliver us the best ante-post stats and trends ahead of the new Championship season. Take a look at these beauts…
Championship | Stats To Follow
- Average price in the past 10 years – 14/1.
- Average position finished year previously – 7th (two were relegated clubs).
- 10 of the past 15 winners were priced up at double-figure odds.
- Average finishing position in the past 10 years – 6th.
- Last wining favourite – Manchester City (2001/02).
- Four of the last seven favourites have won promotion.
- Relegated clubs have won the Championship just twice in 13 seasons.
- Only eight clubs (27%) have won promotion straight back to the Premier League in the past 10 years though 15 (50%) finished in the top-six and just five (17%) finished in the bottom half.
- Average finishing position of a relegated club in the past 10 years – 8th.
- Average finishing position of a promoted club in the past 10 years – 14th.
- Only five promoted clubs have suffered immediate relegation in the past 10 seasons.
- All three promoted clubs have survived in six of the past 10 seasons including in four of the past five seasons.
- Promoted sides have won successive promotions twice (7%), five (17%) have made the top-six with 14 (47%) finishing in the top-half and 16 (53%) finishing in the bottom half across the past 10 years.
- League One champions have finished in the top-1o in six of the last seven seasons and averaged a 12th-palced finish over the past 10 years.
- League One runners-up have finished in the top-10 in four of the past five seasons and averaged a 12th-placed finish over the past 10 years.
- League One play-off winners have finished in 18th or below in 11 of the last 15 seasons and averaged an 18th-placed finish over the past 10 years.
Any Other Business
- The average price of all three promoted clubs in the past 10 years is 28/1 with 13/30 (43%) of sides being priced up at 20/1 or bigger.
- In each of the past 10 seasons a promoted club has been priced up at 20/1 or larger.
- The average finish of a losing play-off finalist is 9th across the past 10 years – two won promotion (both times as champions).
- The average finishing position of a side involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign across the past 10 years is 11th.
- In four of the past 10 years, a team involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign has been crowned champions including in three of the last four seasons – nine (30%) finished in the top-six again.
- The top scoring side has won the league in five of the past 10 years and been promoted on seven occasions (average finish 2nd).
- The side with the best defence has been crowned champions in three of the past 10 years, winning promotion on six occasions (average finish 3rd).
- The worst defence has been relegated in nine of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on seven occasions (average finish 23rd).
- The lowest scoring side has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on three occasions (average finish 20th).
*Away - W-D-L
*O2.5 - Over 2.5 Goals
*BTTS - Both Teams To Score
*CS - Clean Sheets
*FTS - Failed To Score
*TG O1.5 - Over 1.5 Team Goals
*Profit/Loss - From £10 level stakes in every 2014/15 game.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|