WILLIE DUNCAN (@Willie_Duncan) focuses on Scottish League Two this Saturday as he bids to bounce back into winning form.
East Stirling v Arbroath | Saturday 15.00
I've been in front of the big bosses at WLB Towers this week, trying to explain away my recent dismal decline in form.
One man who may well have some empathy for me is East Stirling gaffer Craig Tully.
He has watched his side fritter away a decent start to the season, as East Stirling have lost four of their last five matches and have dropped like a stone to the foot of the League Two table.
I'm hoping to leave Tully's troops trailing in my wake as I back their opponents this weekend – Arbroath – to bag three points at Ochilview.
Just eight points separate these two sides in the league table, but they are on an entirely different trajectory at present as Arbroath finally start to show the kind of form that they are capable of.
The Red Lichties have won four of their last five matches, including impressive wins against Clyde and Annan Athletic respectively and Todd Lumsden's team can keep their fine form rolling with a win against East Stirling.
Scottish football's basement boys have developed an unfortunate habit of leaking goals in recent weeks, conceding 15 goals in their last five matches and I think that their dodgy defence will be under pressure against an Arbroath side that has scored two or more goals in six of their last seven games.
The 20/21 (Ladbrokes) quotes for an away win are more than generous and I think that Lumsden's men are more than capable of providing me with a much-needed winner this weekend.
East Stirling v Arbroath – Arbroath to win (20/21 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we're giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at email@example.com telling us you've joined.
- Once verified we'll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we'll double your sign up offer!
- Didn't open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won't qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at firstname.lastname@example.org