NON-LEAGUE nut Callum Jones (@Goaldust) has been in fine form of late. Here’s his take on the best bet from the National League this weekend.
Chester v Boreham Wood | Saturday 15:00
Usually, when a side treading water towards the latter stages of the season produces a landmark 8-2 win, it’s a sign of good things to come. Amazingly, Chester have managed to take it the other way.
Since their historic defeat of Aldershot in the second week of March, Chester have played four times and not come close to winning any of them.
In fact, if it weren’t for a dramatic last-minute equaliser in Easter Monday’s mad clash at Guiseley, Chester would have lost all four.
All of a sudden, the Blues find themselves looking over their shoulders, after previously appearing a safe bet for another season in the National League.
The Seals have won only two of their last 14 league fixtures, with only one triumph at home in their last seven games – that notorious result against the Shots. If truth be told, that hammering appears to have papered over some cracks that were beginning to show long before their most recent winless run.
Now, there’s probably worse teams to face this weekend than 19th-placed Boreham Wood but the bookies might have got this one a little wrong.
The Wood still aren’t safe for another season but crossed the 40-point threshold with a surprise 3-0 defeat of in-form Dover on Easter Monday. They probably don’t top the list of the league’s most attractive sides to watch but Luke Garrard’s team get the job done.
Saturday’s visitors have only lost five of their last 15 in the league and before Good Friday’s thrashing at hot-shots Cheltenham, conceded only one goal in six fixtures, and seven in 13 – that’s a fairly remarkable record considering their standing.
This could well be the week Chester turn things around, and ensure their safety for another season, but I think they’re there to be taken on.
Considering Boreham Wood’s only three away league defeats since the start of December have come against Cheltenham, Wrexham and Forest Green, there’s plenty to like about their chances at the Deva on Saturday.
I wouldn’t put anyone off backing the visitors outright but Chester tend to draw a few games at home (35%), so the Wood +0.25 on the Asian Handicap at 30/29 (BetVictor) appeals.
If the away side bag all three points on Saturday, our bet wins, and if the game ends in the draw, half of our stake is a winner, with the other half returned. It seems a nice option, especially at that price.
Chester v Boreham Wood – Boreham Wood +0.25 Asian Handicap (30/29 BetVictor)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email email@example.com to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.