Manchester City vs West Ham | Saturday 27th February 2021, 12:30 | BT Sport
Man City are looking to make it 20 wins a row in all competitions as they welcome arguably the season’s surprise package so far: West Ham.
The Hammers are one of only four teams to have prevented The Citizens from getting three away points when City visited in October.
This West Ham side is looking so balanced and confident when they play at the moment, but this is their toughest test of the season, with a trip to a stadium they haven’t won at since Pep Guardiola’s reign began in 2016.
Despite winning 7 of their last 9, this should be a bridge too far for West Ham. We can expect City to completely dominate the ball and be clinical and cruise to a 2 or 3 nil victory. David Moyes will be delighted with his side’s 2021 so far but odds of 2/9 reflect just how dominant the hosts are here not that The Hammers are poor.
Back Man City to win and Under 3.5 goals at 11/10 with Sky Bet.
- Man City have won 9/12 home games this season, winning them all ‘To Nil’.
- 9/12 City home games have featured Under 3.5 goals.
- 7/9 of City wins at The Etihad have gone Under 3.5.
- West Ham’s 3 away losses have all gone Under 3.5 goals – all to ‘Big 6’ teams.
- 18/25 West Ham games have gone under 3.5 goals.
Given just how easy wins are coming to The Citizens this season their discipline has been second to none. In recent years they have actually been quite cynical when stopping opposition countering, but teams aren’t getting close to City this campaign.
Card data points to a very low card count in this one on Saturday lunchtime, and odds of 12/1 for no card to be shown look too big. I’ve put this up before and it’s been one card off a few times, I’m determined it will prove profitable though with small stakes.
Back No Booking at 12/1 with Betfair
- Of the 14 games to have featured ‘No Card’ in the Premier League, 9/14 of these included either Man City or West Ham.
- 4/14 included Man City, and 5/14 featured West Ham.
- 3 of these were at the Etihad Stadium.
- Man City haven’t been carded in 9/25.
- West Ham haven’t been carded in 10/25.
- Man City’s opponents have blanked card-wise in 20% of games (5/25).
- West Ham’s opponents have blanked in 40% (10/25), second only to Burnley (11).
- Referee Michael Oliver has failed to go into his pocket twice already this season, with one featuring City at Sheffield United.
- Of the 11 referees to officiate a game where no caution was given, only 3 have done this multiple times (Michael Oliver, Lee Mason and Martin Atkinson).
- In midweek, even Portuguese mad-man Artur Dias didn’t get his book out in City’s CL tie against Borussia Monchengladbach.