Fulham vs Sheffield United | Saturday 20th February 2021, 20:00 | Sky Sports
Fulham entertain Sheffield United in what is a must win for both teams as the race for Premier League survival gathers pace.
Fulham would have been disappointed not to have got three points at Burnley in midweek to stake their claim of avoiding relegation, whereas The Blades were beaten by a better West Ham side on Monday evening, even if the 3-0 score line flattered the hosts.
Realistically both sides need the three points on Saturday night but the consequences that will incur if either of them lose this game definitely outweigh the benefits in my view. Sheffield United just need to hang in there and every point is a point gained for them.
Back the draw at 11/5 with Bet365.
- Fulham have drawn 9 of their last 13 games (69%).
- Fulham’s record against bottom half teams: W1 D6 L4
- Record versus fellow Bottom 6 relegation rivals: W1 D6.
- Only Brighton (11) have more draws than Fulham (10).
- The reverse was 1-1.
- Both of The Blades’ draws have been against other relegation threatened teams.
- Blades record against the current Bottom 6: W2 D2 L3.
- Both sides have only won 3/24 so a win for either team looks less likely than the draw.
I also think we could be on for a few cards with so much at stake for both teams, and relegation 6-pointers tend to be fiery and more stop-start. These two make up the Top 2 most ill-disciplined teams: Fulham 45Y 3R, Blades 46Y 2R.
Back Both Teams Over 0 Cards and Over 2 Cards at 4/5 with Bet365.
- Bet has landed in 9 of the last 10 matches Martin Atkinson has overseen.
- It has won in 10 his last 12 games in all competitions.
- He has shown 3+ cards in 10 of his last 11 in the Premier League, and 4+ in 5 of his last 10 in all comps (50%).
- Shown 3+ cards in 13/18 Premier League games this season.
- This bet has landed in 5 of Sheffield United’s 6 games with current bottom 6 clubs, and 4 of Fulham’s 7.
Back Both Teams Over 1 Card at a huge 13/5 with Bet365.
- Fulham have seen 2+ cards in 15/23 = 65%
- Sheffield United have seen 2+ cards in 16/24 = 67%
- Atkinson has dished out 2+ each team in 2 of his last 6.
- Gave Fulham 3 cards a couple of weeks ago against Man Utd.