FOOTBALL LEAGUE expert Mark O'Haire (@MarkOHaire) reveals his favourite selections from Sunday's EFL action.
QPR v Hull | Sunday 29th December 2019, 15:00
- QPR and Hull are the joint third-top goalscorers in the Championship this season.
- QPR’s games average 3.42 goals per-game (the highest in the division), whilst Hull’s fixtures average 2.92 goals per-game (6th most).
- QPR and Hull have both seen 16/24 (67%) of their respective league matches produce Over 2.5 Goals with 17/23 (74%) of their combined home/away games going Over 2.5 Goals.
- QPR and Hull have seen a collective 16/23 (70%) of their home/away encounters feature Both Teams To Score winners, scoring in 19/23 and keeping four combined clean sheets.
- QPR and Hull are both ranked inside the top-six for Expected Goals (xG) from open play output this season.
Over 2.5 Goals and Both Teams To Score (4/5 Bet365)
Doncaster v Sunderland | Sunday 29th December 2019, 15:00
- Sunderland are in crisis, dropping to their lowest-ever position (15th).
- Sunderland have W2-D6-L6 across all competitions under Phil Parkinson.
- Sunderland have scored more than 1 goal in only 1 of those 14 games under Phil Parkinson – against beleaguered Tranmere.
- Only six League One sides are generating fewer open play opportunities according to Expected Goals (xG).
- Sunderland fielded a five-man defence and two holding midfielders at home to rock-bottom Bolton on Boxing Day in a dismal 0-0 draw.
- Sunderland have W1-D5-L5 against teams above them in the league table.
- Sunderland have seen Under 3.5 Goals land in 28/32 (88%) League One away games.
- Doncaster have W5-D4-L2 at home under Darren Moore with only 2 of those 11 games featuring more than 3 goals.
- Doncaster have only lost 5 times in 19 league matches overall under Moore.
Doncaster Double Chance and Under 4 Goals (9/10 Bet365)
Plymouth v Stevenage | Sunday 29th December 2019, 15:00
- Plymouth have W7-D2-L2 in League Two since mid-September, as well as W6-D3-L1 at home since relegation back to the fourth-tier.
- Plymouth have scored 2+ goals in 8/10 home games since relegation.
- Plymouth are generating the third-highest Expected Goals (xG) output from open play in League Two this season.
- Rock-bottom Stevenage have W2-D11-L9 overall and W0-D7-L4 away this term. Boro have W0-D4-L8 against top-half teams, failing to score in 8/12 against top-half teams.
- Stevenage have scored 3 goals in 8 League Two games (12 hours of action) – 2 of which came from centre-half Scott Cuthbert.
- Stevenage have scored just 5 goals in 11 away games, although only 2/11 saw Over 2.5 Goals.
- Since Mark Sampson was appointed, Stevenage have seen 4/15 League Two matches produce Over 2.5 Goals and 2/15 games feature Over 3.5 Goals.
Plymouth to win and Under 3.5 Goals (29/20 Coral)