THE Premier League Darts season rolls into Liverpool on Thursday night. Wayne Dews (@Dewsy_21) delivers his verdict on this midweek’s action.
PDC Premier League | Thursday | Sky Sports 1
It’s Week 8 in the Premier League Darts campaign as the Echo Arena in Liverpool hosts another night of darting dynamism.
The league table is beginning to reflect the current world rankings with Michael van Gerwen, Phil Taylor and Gary Anderson taking the top three positions in the standings.
It is a key night at the bottom end of the league as Robert Thornton is in action twice after missing Week 2 due to illness, who will be hoping to claw his way out of the relegation positions.
James Wade gets a rest as he has already played eight games.
Michael Smith v Robert Thornton | Thursday 19.10 | Sky Sports 1
What can be described as a win at all costs clash, Michael Smith takes on Robert Thornton in a battle that whoever loses is almost certain to be eliminated after next week.
Unfortunately for both players, they have not been able to reach the very high standards (Thornton averaging just 86.35 and Smith 90.76) of the rest of the league participants, and it is highly likely that both will lose their league status after Week 9.
However, I like this contest to be fought to the very death of the game and as such, the offer of 5/4 from William Hill for Over 11.5 Legs in the match takes the eye.
In what looks to be a tense clash that neither player dare not lose, 12 legs looks likely to me.
Phil Taylor v Peter Wright | Thursday 21.50 | Sky Sports 1
Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor admirably fought back from 5-1 down against Michael van Gerwen to force a 6-6 draw with the high-flying Dutchman last week in Glasgow, and he can continue his good form with another win over Peter Wright in Liverpool.
The Scotsman has the sub-total of just one point from his last four outings – despite scoring well – after leading the league in Week 4.
Taylor by comparison looks to be a rejuvenated player in recent weeks and the 4/5 available with Coral should be taken.
Michael Smith v Robert Thornton – Over 11.5 Legs (5/4 William Hill)
Phil Taylor v Peter Wright – Phil Taylor to win (4/5 Coral)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.