GRAEME JOHNSTON (@GraemeJ_83) provides his expert analysis on Wednesday’s Coral Cup.
Coral Cup | Wednesday 14.50 | Channel 4
A 26-runner handicap hurdle over 2 miles 5 furlongs – it's one of the big betting heats of the meeting.
With most of the field available to back at double-figure pdds there’s plenty of value to be had. So I'm going to back two at each-way prices in the hope of finding a big-priced winner.
My first selection is Brother Ted (25/1 Ladbrokes) from the Phillip Hobbs yard. He was first seen this year beating Silviniaco Conte over hurdles at Kempton and on that occasion he looked like a horse with a big future ahead of him.
Brother Ted’s next race was a Grade 2 at Ascot where he was sent off favourite and finished third behind Rock on Ruby, in what turned in to a sprint. But he wasn't beaten by far in a race that wasn't run to suit.
He was next seen in the Lanzarote Hurdle back at Kempton, where he never got competitive but that was on soft ground that he doesn't enjoy. I think the big field, fast pace and better ground will see him in a whole new light at the Festival and he represents real value as an each-way bet here.
My next selection is Beast of Burden (33/1 Ladbrokes) from Rebecca Curtis stable. Looking at his last three starts he has come second last, unseated his rider and fell, but I can see reasons for backing him.
A talented novice last season, Beast of Burden won two races effortlessly before going off at 8/1 in the Neptune Hurdle here. He broke a blood vessel after travelling nicely in to the race and I remember thinking he could be a horse to follow.
Beast of Burden was sent chasing this season and it hasn't really worked out for him. On his debut at Chepstow he unseated his rider when looking the likely winner and he followed that up by falling in a Newbury Grade 2 when looking held.
He's been given a break to get over that and will come here fresh. If showing no ill effects from that fall, he comes in to this race with a real chance at these weights and it wouldn't surprise me if he ran a much better race than his odds suggest.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
Are you yet to sign-up for a betting account at Ladbrokes? If so, now is your time as we’ve a bucket load of free bets to giveaway to new customers.
Sign-up to Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £10).
- Email email@example.com to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your new account as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Free bets can take up to 28 days to be credited.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with Ladbrokes. if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.