SCOTTISH football bible Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) is delving into the Scottish Cup on Saturday for his next NAP from north of the border.
Hibs v Inverness | Sunday 14.00 | BBC Scotland
Inverness Caledonian Thistle enjoyed a hell of a party last May as they defeated Falkirk 2-1 at Hampden Park to lift the Scottish Cup for the first time.
John Hughes' side can take a significant step to repeating that feat this weekend when they take on Hibernian in the quarter-finals of the competition at Easter Road on Sunday.
Hibs set up this tie by beating Hearts in the last round and, while that result still stings for me, the Hibees got exactly what they deserved from that tie.
This one will be significantly tougher, though, for Hibs will be without a raft of key men for this match – including Jason Cummings, who scored in both matches against Hearts.
Alan Stubbs' side, too, have seen their Championship title challenge fall apart in the last couple of weeks following catastrophic defeats against Morton, Dumbarton and Queen of the South.
Inverness were comfortably beaten by Hearts at Tynecastle in midweek, but John Hughes has admitted that he held a few players back for the trip to Gorgie and the former Hibs captain may have a few aces up his sleeve that can be played on his return to Easter Road.
Hibs have beaten Premiership opposition with regularity this term, but with their season in danger of unraveling and persistent rumours of infighting in the camp, this is a tough ask.
I admit that I was tempted to take the coward's way out by backing Inverness at 3/4 in the double chance market.
Fortune, though, favours the brave and I've had a couple of winners recently so, instead, I'll take a punt on the ludicrous 11/4 (Betfred) quote for an away win this weekend.
Inverness Caledonian Thistle at 11/4 to beat Hibernian is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Hibs v Inverness – Inverness to win (11/4 Betfred)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we're giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at email@example.com telling us you've joined.
- Once verified we'll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we'll double your sign up offer!
- Didn't open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won't qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at firstname.lastname@example.org.