NINE winners from his last 11 European NAPs, Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) returns to attack Ligue 1 on Saturday night.
Rennes v Bastia | Saturday 19:00
- Rennes lost 7-0 to Monaco in midweek but the Brittany team fielded a much-changed team and little attention should be paid to such a result.
- Rennes head coach Christian Gourcuff is concentrating on Ligue 1 football with the club keen to claim European qualification.
- Rennes lost 1-0 at Lyon last weekend but were much the better team, dominating the performance data – an impressive display considering the side tend to toil away.
- Rennes have been outstanding at their Roazhan Park home this season – W7-D2-L0, keeping 6 clean sheets.
- Rennes welcome back Pedro Henrique and Ramy Bensebaini from suspension. Clement Chantome is also close to a return.
- Rennes have won 8/11 home games against bottom-six sides.
- Bastia do their best work in Corsica and are traditionally poor travellers – this season they’ve W1-D1-L6 away from home.
- Bastia have kept 1/8 away clean sheets and failed to score in 4/8 away.
- Bastia have lost 9/16 away games under current coach Francois Ciccolini.
- Bastia have lost 9/11 away to top-six teams – 6 of those 9 defeats were by a two-goal margin or more.
- Bastia have lost 70% of their last 42 away trips to top-half teams – failing to score in 23.
- No Ligue 1 side boast a lower percentage of shots attempted from inside the opposition penalty box.
Rennes v Bastia – Rennes to win (17/20 Sportingbet)
World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide
Our 130-page spectacular, World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide, is available to buy NOW!
The interactive magazine includes previews, videos, stats and tips for all 32 teams, features on Outright Winners, Top Goalscorer, Refs & Cards, Dark Horses, Flops, Knock-out Betting and much more.
22 football experts contribute to our Ask the Experts feature and there’s over 5 hours of exclusive audio with 5 of the planet’s most respected reporters who discuss the chances of each nation with our very own Mark O’Haire.
And if that wasn’t enough there’s a free bet up for grabs with our partners Ladbrokes.