CARD KING Gavin Murphy (@GamePlanGavin) earmarks the bookings value for England’s opening Euro 2016 contest against Russia on Saturday night.
England v Russia | Saturday 20.00 | ITV1
England have some unwelcome European Championship memories of Russia to overcome as they start their 2016 campaign in Marseille.
Russia got the better of England in qualifying for Euro 2008, finishing second in the group behind Croatia, who won 3-2 at Wembley in their final qualifier to eliminate Steve McClaren’s team.
In the two direct confrontations, England won 3-0 at Wembley thanks to a couple of Michael Owen goals but lost 2-1 in Moscow. Substitute Roman Pavlyuchenko scored twice after England had led 1-0, through Wayne Rooney, at half-time.
Nicola Rizzoli of Italy gets the whistle for the 2016 fixture. He averaged a surprisingly low 2.60 cards-per-game at Euro 2012 and the bookies don’t expect many cards here.
England averaged 1.50 cards-per-game in their qualifiers and Russia just 1.10 cards-per-game.
In limited career games officiating the Three Lions Rizzoli averages 1.33 cards-per-game and 1.50 cards-per-game when covering the Russians.
The Italian dished out two cautions in his opening match in 2012 and something similar is expected in this battle.
These two teams had the two lowest cards-per-game counts in the qualification phase. England matches averaged 29.5 bookings points and Russia the next lowest on 30.6 bookings points.
England v Russia – Under 3.5 Cards on the Asian line (2.05 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|