SCOTTISH football bible Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) is eyeing up Sunday’s Petrofac Training Cup final at Hampden for his weekend NAP.
Rangers v Peterhead | Sunday 15.00 | BBC Alba
Rangers sealed the Scottish Championship title with a win against Dumbarton at Ibrox on Tuesday night – and, surely, there will be another piece of silverware heading to Govan after Sunday’s Petrofac Training Cup final at Hampden.
Mark Warburton’s men take on League One Peterhead this weekend – and I think that Rangers will be desperate to rack up a big win at the National Stadium to warm themselves up for a Scottish Cup semi-final showdown with Celtic a week on Sunday.
Rangers have been scoring goals for fun in recent weeks, notching 17 goals in their last six matches – including a thumping 4-0 win against Premiership Dundee in the Scottish Cup last month, but their defence has been a problem with the Ibrox side leaking goals left, right and centre.
Fortunately for Warburton’s side, I can’t see Peterhead exploiting that because the goals have really dried up for Jim McInally’s side; the Blue Toon have scored just once in their last four games – and, having let me down badly at Station Park, I have no problem in turning my back on them this weekend!
Remarkably, this is Rangers’ fourth crack at this competition and, having suffered humiliating defeats against Queen of the South, Raith Rovers and Alloa Athletic in the last three seasons, this is their final chance to get it right in what is the Scottish equivalent of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy – although, of course, Championship sides can participate in Scotland.
There will be a huge following for the Cup favourites at Hampden and I simply cannot see Mark Warburton’s men fluffing their lines.
Rangers cruised to a 3-0 win over Peterhead in the Scottish League Cup earlier in the season and, desperate to lay down a marker ahead of their crunch clash with Ronny Deila’s men, I think that the men from Ibrox will win well against their part-time opponents.
Rangers v Peterhead – Rangers -2 handicap (1/1 SkyBet)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|