IRISH football correspondent Dylan O’Neill (@Dylanoneill_95) has unearthed a slice of value in Friday night’s League of Ireland action.
Derry v Shamrock Rovers | Friday 19.45
I’m taking Derry City +0.50 on the Asian Handicap line at 5/7 with BetVictor where I’ll profit should the hosts avoid defeat on Friday night.
Both teams started this season well with Shamrock Rovers winning four of their five games and conceding just twice. However, two of these matches were against teams that have just been promoted (Wexford Youths and Finn Harps) or a side that had been pretty much being built from scratch (Sligo).
The defeat to St Pats, although for the most part an even game, showed how Rovers can be vulnerable at the back against decent quality strikers, especially against the likes of St Pats’ Christy Fagan and Friday’s opponent, Derry striker Rory Patterson.
Another reason I’ve chosen this bet is because of the team news for Shamrock – two of their most prominent attacking players (and new signings) in Gary Shaw and Dean Clarke will be missing through injury. Another young striker, Trevor Clarke, also misses out having grabbed his first goal last weekend.
These injuries mean that a lot of the attacking responsibility will fall on Rovers’ Brandon Mièle – a very good quality player, one of the best in the league when he’s on his game. But with no experienced and prolific service up front, despite an in-and-out of form Danny North, I think Rovers will struggle to break Derry down.
City, on the other hand, have been very impressive with four wins from six, scoring 10. Having began the season with a very unlucky 2-1 defeat away to Finn Harps, they bounced back the next week with a strong 1-0 victory over Cork, who’d be considered title contenders.
Derry they then followed that up with three consecutive victories, including an impressive 3-0 success at Bray and a 2-1 triumph against an improved Galway.
I watched their 1-1 draw with Dundalk last week and despite conceding within the first five minutes, Derry matched Dundalk for pretty much the entirety of the match and were helped by Dundalk’s holding midfielder Chris Shields red card before equalising soon after.
There’s definitely good reason to be on Derry this weekend, even despite Conor McCormack’s suspension following his red card last time out.
If Derry perform anything like they did against Dundalk, they should easily be able to hold Shamrock Rovers to a draw, or possibly even steal a win.
Derry v Shamrock Rovers – Derry +0.50 Asian Handicap (5/7 BetVictor)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
Back our No-Lose NAP & Get your money back if it DOESN’T win!
There are fewer things Chris Graham enjoys more than the Cheltenham Festival and he’s confidently put up Unowhatimeanharry in the Stayers Hurdle at 3.30.
We’re so confident Chris has again made the right call that we’re offering you the opportunity to pocket a risk-free, no-lose NAP. Just open an account with our Cheltenham partners 10BET via any of the 10BET links on this page.
- Back Unowhatimeanharry (min £10 stake).
- If it wins, you’ll pocket a tidy sum. If the bet loses, we’ll cover the cost up to £10.
- After you open your account email us at [email protected] with your username and stake details of your bet.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|