PRO punter Dino Vita (@VitaDino) delves into the Scottish Championship for his best Boxing Day north of the border.
St Mirren v Livingston | Boxing Day 15.00
My selection this week comes from the Scottish Championship as St Mirren entertain Livingston on Boxing Day.
St Mirren have failed to live up to their third favourites tag in pre-season; a lot was expected from new manager Ian Murray and his side at the start of the season.
Fast forward five months and Ian Murray is out a job and St Mirren sit 8th in the table. Only three wins have been recorded all season in the league but one of those came last weekend in new manager Alex Rae’s first game in charge.
The New Manager Syndrome seemed to be in effect and I hope it continues this weekend against Livingston, who lie one place below them in 9th, arrive.
Livingston are struggling themselves with no win in five resulting in Mark Burchill losing his job on Monday. A poor run of results included just one point from six in home games against Alloa and Dumbarton in recent weeks, dragging them back into a relegation battle.
Caretaker David Hopkin will be in charge on Saturday and will be hoping to pick up some wins over the festive period to secure the job permanent but I think he’ll have to wait until next week for his first win.
Alex Rae’s men will be full of confidence after last weekend’s win and should secure another three points on Saturday. St Mirren are 23/20 (Ladbrokes).
St Mirren v Livingston – St Mirren to win (23/20 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]
World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide
Our 130-page spectacular, World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide, is available to buy NOW!
The interactive magazine includes previews, videos, stats and tips for all 32 teams, features on Outright Winners, Top Goalscorer, Refs & Cards, Dark Horses, Flops, Knock-out Betting and much more.
22 football experts contribute to our Ask the Experts feature and there’s over 5 hours of exclusive audio with 5 of the planet’s most respected reporters who discuss the chances of each nation with our very own Mark O’Haire.
And if that wasn’t enough there’s a free bet up for grabs with our partners Ladbrokes.