WILLIE DUNCAN’s (@Willie_Duncan) delivered seven winners from his last nine best bets in Scotland. His latest arrives from the Scottish Cup on Saturday.
Falkirk v Fraserburgh | Saturday 15.00
I’ve done a lot of sulking this week after my best bet for WeLoveBetting failed to land at Tynecastle last Saturday.
It all looked so good at half-time, with Hearts a goal to the good, but Robbie Neilson’s men seemed to forget that there was still 45 minutes to play and Dundee were allowed to leave Gorgie with a point.
Luckily, the Scottish Cup third round takes place this weekend and I’ve picked out a selection that should put the smile back on my face – with a price that has left me scratching my head.
Falkirk play host to Fraserburgh in a tie that probably won’t attract too much attention.
The Bairns have been going along nicely in the Championship this season and Peter Houston’s side are just six points behind Rangers and Hibs at the top of the table.
Before being held to a 2-2 draw against Queen of the South in Dumfries last weekend, Falkirk had won four consecutive league matches.
That sequence of results included two 5-0 demolition jobs against Dumbarton and Alloa Athletic respectively, while the Bairns also thumped East Stirlingshire 5-0 in the League Cup right at the start of the season – a result that underlines that the romance of the Cup counts for little as far as Falkirk are concerned.
Throw into the mix, too, that Peter Houston’s men made the final of this competition last season and the trip to Falkirk Stadium certainly appears to be a daunting one for Fraserburgh.
Mark Cowie’s side are ninth in the Highland League and have won just one of their last five matches.
It’s little wonder, then, that the Championship side are available at just 1/4 to do the business against their part-time rivals this weekend.
However, there are some lovely prices available for punters in the handicap market ahead of this one, including a mouthwatering 4/5 (Paddy Power) quote for Houston’s side to win by two or more goals on Saturday; it’s simply too big to miss.
Falkirk (-1) at 4/5 against Fraserburgh is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Falkirk v Fraserburgh – Falkirk -1 handicap (4/5 Paddy Power)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at email@example.com telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back our No-Lose NAP & Get your money back if it DOESN’T win!
There are fewer things Chris Graham enjoys more than the Cheltenham Festival and he’s confidently put up Unowhatimeanharry in the Stayers Hurdle at 3.30.
We’re so confident Chris has again made the right call that we’re offering you the opportunity to pocket a risk-free, no-lose NAP. Just open an account with our Cheltenham partners 10BET via any of the 10BET links on this page.
- Back Unowhatimeanharry (min £10 stake).
- If it wins, you’ll pocket a tidy sum. If the bet loses, we’ll cover the cost up to £10.
- After you open your account email us at [email protected] with your username and stake details of your bet.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|