WILLIE Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) is banking on a goal-heavy game in Bavaria on Wednesday night as Arsenal head to Bayern for a critical Champions League clash.
Bayern Munich v Arsenal | Wednesday 19.45 | BT Sport Europe
Arsene Wenger – what a man!
The Gunners boss has been in charge in north London for the best part of 20 years and is still producing results.
The seemingly annual clamour from some sections of the Arsenal support to have the 66-year-old deposed from the dugout reached a crescendo (for this season at least) when Arsenal made a stuttering start to the season.
Defeat against Dinamo Zagreb and Olympiakos put Arsenal on the brink of exit from the Champions League group stages and humiliation was looming large. ‘Wenger’s lost it – it’s time for him to go’, cried some, forgetting that we’ve seen and heard it all before.
The response from Arsenal has been magnificent. Since losing to Olympiakos, the Gunners have won five of their six competitive fixtures, including a memorable 2-0 win over Bayern Munich, with the only defeat coming against Sheffield Wednesday when Arsenal’s Under 12s (plus a couple of older heads) were unceremoniously dumped out of the Capital One Cup at Hillsborough.
If Bayern Munich balked at being beaten in north London, Pep Guardiola’s side have barely blinked since, winning convincingly against both Koln and Wolfsburg before being held to a goalless draw against Eintracht Frankfurt.
The German giants don’t contest many matches in which they fail to find the net and they have scored a sensational 21 Champions League goals in just four home matches in the competition in 2015.
The Bavarians will be baying for blood, but Arsenal have been sharp in front of goal themselves of late, scoring two or more goals in seven of their last eight matches.
The stage is set for a bruising blockbuster between these two sides – and there could well be plenty of blows landed.
It’s well worth taking a chance on the 13/10 quotes offered up from BetVictor for more than three goals to be scored when the Gunners take on Guardiola and Co.
Bayern Munich v Arsenal – Over 3.5 Goals (13/10 BetVictor)
It’s the offer that punters love – Bet365 are doing their popular £50 risk-free in-play bet promotion for Wednesday night’s Champions League clash between Bayern Munich and Arsenal.
If you place a pre-match bet on the game – up to £50 – then Bet365 will give you a risk-free in-play bet to the same stake.
For more information or for ideas in making your in-play bet pay, check out our feature post on the Bet365 offer here.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|