WE asked Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) to enter his bulging stats bible to deliver us the best ante-post stats and trends ahead of the new League Two season. Take a look at these beauts…
League Two | Stats To Follow
- Average price in the past 10 years – 14/1.
- Four of the last five champions finished in the top-eight the previous season.
- Only twice in the past 10 years have the champions been bigger than 20/1 – 22/1 Gillingham in 2012/13 and 25/1 Carlisle (2005/06).
- Average finishing position in the past 10 years – 6th.
- Favourites have won automatic promotion in seven of the past 12 years.
- Favourites have finished in the play-off places in seven of the past 12 years.
- Notts County in 2009/10 are the only favourites to win the league this millennium.
- Relegated clubs have won League Two just twice in 10 seasons.
- Only eight clubs (20%) have won promotion straight back to League One in the past 10 years with just 10 (25%) finishing in the top-seven and just 20 (50%) finished in the top half.
- Average finishing position of a relegated club in the past 10 years – 12th.
- In six of the past 10 seasons a relegated club has bounced straight back to League One although a relegated club has finished in the bottom-six of League Two in seven of the past eight seasons.
- Average finishing position of a promoted club in the past 10 years – 13th.
- No promoted side has suffered immediate relegation from League Two this millennium,
- Promoted sides have won successive promotions five (20%) times this millennium but only two (8%) were champions. Six (24%) clubs have made the top-seven with 11 (44%) finishing in the top-half.
- Conference champions have finished in the top-seven once in the last 12 years and averaged a 13th-palced finish.
- Conference play-off winners have finished in the top-seven in four of the past 12 seasons and averaged a 12th-placed finish.
Any Other Business
- The average price of all four promoted clubs in the past 10 years is 17/1 with 11/40 (27.5%) of sides being priced up at 20/1 or bigger.
- The average finish of a losing play-off finalist is 10th across the past 10 years – Burton in 2014/15 the only promoted side but five (50%) finished in the top-seven.
- The average finishing position of a side involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign across the past 10 years is 10th – two were crowned champions with six finishing in the top-three.
- The top scoring side has won the league in four of the past 10 years and been promoted on six occasions (average finish 4th).
- The side with the best defence has been crowned champions in five of the past 10 years, winning promotion on nine occasions (average finish 2nd).
- The worst defence has been relegated in four of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on three occasions (average finish 20th).
- The lowest scoring side has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on five occasions (average finish 22nd).
*Away - W-D-L
*O2.5 - Over 2.5 Goals
*BTTS - Both Teams To Score
*CS - Clean Sheets
*FTS - Failed To Score
*TG O1.5 - Over 1.5 Team Goals
*Profit/Loss - From £10 level stakes in every 2014/15 game.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|