WE asked Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) to enter his bulging stats bible to deliver us the best ante-post stats and trends ahead of the new League Two season. Take a look at these beauts…
League Two | Stats To Follow
- Average price in the past 10 years – 14/1.
- Four of the last five champions finished in the top-eight the previous season.
- Only twice in the past 10 years have the champions been bigger than 20/1 – 22/1 Gillingham in 2012/13 and 25/1 Carlisle (2005/06).
- Average finishing position in the past 10 years – 6th.
- Favourites have won automatic promotion in seven of the past 12 years.
- Favourites have finished in the play-off places in seven of the past 12 years.
- Notts County in 2009/10 are the only favourites to win the league this millennium.
- Relegated clubs have won League Two just twice in 10 seasons.
- Only eight clubs (20%) have won promotion straight back to League One in the past 10 years with just 10 (25%) finishing in the top-seven and just 20 (50%) finished in the top half.
- Average finishing position of a relegated club in the past 10 years – 12th.
- In six of the past 10 seasons a relegated club has bounced straight back to League One although a relegated club has finished in the bottom-six of League Two in seven of the past eight seasons.
- Average finishing position of a promoted club in the past 10 years – 13th.
- No promoted side has suffered immediate relegation from League Two this millennium,
- Promoted sides have won successive promotions five (20%) times this millennium but only two (8%) were champions. Six (24%) clubs have made the top-seven with 11 (44%) finishing in the top-half.
- Conference champions have finished in the top-seven once in the last 12 years and averaged a 13th-palced finish.
- Conference play-off winners have finished in the top-seven in four of the past 12 seasons and averaged a 12th-placed finish.
Any Other Business
- The average price of all four promoted clubs in the past 10 years is 17/1 with 11/40 (27.5%) of sides being priced up at 20/1 or bigger.
- The average finish of a losing play-off finalist is 10th across the past 10 years – Burton in 2014/15 the only promoted side but five (50%) finished in the top-seven.
- The average finishing position of a side involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign across the past 10 years is 10th – two were crowned champions with six finishing in the top-three.
- The top scoring side has won the league in four of the past 10 years and been promoted on six occasions (average finish 4th).
- The side with the best defence has been crowned champions in five of the past 10 years, winning promotion on nine occasions (average finish 2nd).
- The worst defence has been relegated in four of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on three occasions (average finish 20th).
- The lowest scoring side has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on five occasions (average finish 22nd).
*Away - W-D-L
*O2.5 - Over 2.5 Goals
*BTTS - Both Teams To Score
*CS - Clean Sheets
*FTS - Failed To Score
*TG O1.5 - Over 1.5 Team Goals
*Profit/Loss - From £10 level stakes in every 2014/15 game.