WE asked Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) to enter his bulging stats bible to deliver us the best ante-post stats and trends ahead of the new League One season. Take a look at these beauts…
League One | Stats To Follow
- Average price in the past 10 years – 19/1 (this falls to 9/1 when looking at the past eight years).
- Average position finished year previously – 11th (plus four relegated clubs and one promoted team).
- Four of the past six league winners were priced up at single-figure odds.
- Average finishing position in the past 10 years – 4th.
- Wolves (2013/14) are the only winning favourite in the past 20 seasons.
- The pre-season favourite has finished in the top-six in 14 of the past 16 seasons with eight winning promotion (six automatically).
- Relegated clubs have won League One in four of the past seven seasons.
- Only six clubs (20%) have won promotion straight back to the Championship in the past 10 years though 11 (37%) finished in the top-six and 16 (53%) finished in the top half.
- Average finishing position of a relegated club in the past 10 years – 11th.
- Relegated sides have suffered a second relegation in four of the past eight seasons.
- Average finishing position of a promoted club in the past 10 years – 13th – that increases to 10th in the past three seasons.
- Only six (15%) promoted clubs have suffered immediate relegation in the past 10 seasons.
- All four promoted clubs have survived in the past three seasons.
- Promoted sides have won successive promotions on three occasions (7.5%), nine (22.5%) have made the top-six with 19 (47.5%) finishing in the top-half across the past 10 years.
- League Two champions have finished in the top-six in three of the last seven seasons and averaged a 12th-palced finish.
- League Two runners-up have finished in the top-six in three of the last seven and averaged a 12th-placed finish.
- League Two third place have finished in the top-10 in four of the past five seasons and averaged a 14th-placed finish over the past 10 years.
- League Two play-off winners have finished in the top-half in four of the past 10 seasons and averaged an 14th-placed finish.
Any Other Business
- The average price of all three promoted clubs in the past 10 years is 17/1 with 6/30 (20%) of sides being priced up at 20/1 or bigger.
- The average finish of a losing play-off finalist is 11th across the past 10 years – three won promotion (zero champions) and three were relegated.
- The average finishing position of a side involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign across the past 10 years is 10th.
- In nine of the last 10 years a team involved in an unsuccessful play-off campaign has finished in the top-six the season after.
- The top scoring side has won the league in four of the past 10 years and been promoted on seven occasions (average finish 2nd).
- The side with the best defence has been crowned champions in five of the past 10 years, winning promotion on nine occasions (average finish 2nd.
- The worst defence has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on two occasions (average finish 21st).
- The lowest scoring side has been relegated in six of the last 10 seasons, finishing bottom on three occasions (average finish 21st).
*Away - W-D-L
*O2.5 - Over 2.5 Goals
*BTTS - Both Teams To Score
*CS - Clean Sheets
*FTS - Failed To Score
*TG O1.5 - Over 1.5 Team Goals
*Profit/Loss - From £10 level stakes in every 2014/15 game.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|