GROUP B outsiders Paraguay and Jamaica put in valiant performances in their opening Copa America fixtures. Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) assesses their showdown on Tuesday night.
Paraguay v Jamaica | Tuesday 22.00 | Premier Sports
Just a week ago, anyone who suggested either Paraguay or Jamaica could finish above Argentina or Uruguay in Group B would have been given an odd look. The two pool outsiders were expected to battle it out in the hope of stealing a third-place qualifying spot but following promising opening performances, their meeting in Antofagasta should be good fun.
Following a tentative start and conceding two first-half goals against tournament favourites Argentina, Paraguay produced a sterling fight back and Ramon Diaz’s men know the point they picked up has given them a fantastic chance of securing a knockout place.
Lucas Barrios came off the bench to equalise and it was refreshing to see La Albirroja release the shackles. It was only the fifth time in 21 competitive games that Paraguay had scored at least twice in a match but also means they’ve now just failed to strike in two of their last 11 meaningful matches. Should they take a similar approach against Jamaica, we can expected to be rewarded with another entertaining and goal-laden game.
Despite going down 1-0 against Uruguay, Jamaica showed plenty of promise and caused their more illustrious opponents problems with their pace, power and athleticism. A number of good goalscoring opportunities were squandered but the Reggae Boyz will hope to be more clinical this time around and with Paraguay keeping only four clean sheets in those aforementioned 21 outings, we’re right to fancy Jamaica getting a goal.
There’s plenty at stake in Antofagasta but the best bet might be to get with the goals. Both Teams To Score has been chalked up as a 6/5 shot with 888 Sport and that’s an angle I like knowing the nature of defences on display. It’s proven a winner in four of Paraguay’s last six fixtures.
Paraguay v Jamaica – Both Teams To Score (6/5 888 Sport)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|