HOW successful are your team in FA Cup action? Ahead of the second round we take a look at the best and worst performing sides in the FA Cup.
Bury v Luton Town | Saturday 15.00
- Bury haven’t won a second round FA Cup tie since 2007/08.
- Luton have scored in each of their last 5 FA Cup away ties (from the first round onwards).
Cambridge United v Mansfield Town | Saturday 15.00
- Cambridge haven’t reached the third round since 2008 but 3/5 FA Cup ties have been drawn.
- Mansfield reached the third round in 2013 but have seen 4/6 FA Cup ties go to replays.
MK Dons v Chesterfield | Saturday 15.00
- MK Dons have only failed to score in 1/11 FA Cup ties, netting 3+ in 5/11.
- MK Dons have W6-L1 of their 7 previous FA Cup second round ties.
- Chesterfield have never beaten a higher-ranked side in the FA Cup second round.
Oldham Athletic v Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 15.00
- Oldham have knocked Doncaster out of the FA Cup in 2007/08 and in 2012/13.
- Doncaster have only progressed through two of their last eight round two ties.
Oxford United v Tranmere Rovers | Saturday 15.00
- Oxford have reached the third round in each of the last two seasons having gone 10 years without making the third round.
- Tranmere have conceded exactly 5 goals in 3/5 away FA Cup matches, keeping clean sheets in the other 2.
Preston North End v Shrewsbury Town | Saturday 15.00
- Preston have progressed from this stage in each of their last 5 outings and have kept 6/10 FA Cup clean sheets.
- Shrewsbury have reached the third round just once in the last 11 seasons.
Sheffield United v Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 15.00
- Sheffield United have progressed from round two in each of the past 3 seasons and have not lost to a lower-ranked side in 8 FA Cup games.
- Plymouth have been eliminated in their last 6 FA Cup ties against higher-ranked sides.
Wrexham v Maidstone | Saturday 17.30 | BBC 2 Wales
- Wrexham have scored in 15/16 FA Cup games now but alternated between winning and losing in their last 6 FA Cup second round ties, losing at this stage last season.
- Maidstone have not progressed this far in the competition since 1991/92.
Gateshead v Warrington | Sunday 12.00 | BT Sport
- Gateshead have lost their last 6 FA Cup second round ties, leaking 20. They’ve not reached the third round since 1955.
- Warrington have never reached the second round of the FA Cup and are the lowest ranked side left in the competition, already playing 8 FA Cup ties this season.
Aldershot Town v Rochdale | Sunday 14.00
- Aldershot have only L1/10 FA Cup home matches now but not reached the third round since 2007.
- Rochdale have been eliminated from the FA Cup by lower-league opponents in 4/6 seasons.
Barnsley v Chester | Sunday 14.00
- Barnsley have only L1/5 FA Cup ties against lower-ranked sides.
Bradford City v Dartford | Sunday 14.00
- Bradford have only progressed in 1/6 previous FA Cup second round ties and they’ve reached the third round just once in 10 years.
- Bradford have W8-L1 in 9 games against non-league opposition in the FA Cup.
- Dartford’s first round win was their first in the main competition since 1985 and they’ve not reached the third round since 1937. They’ve never beaten higher-ranked opposition.
Bristol City v Telford | Sunday 14.00
- Bristol City have only W1-L3 of 4 FA Cup home ties against sides from a lower league. All 3 losses came ‘to nil’.
- Telford have not reached the second round before since their reformation.
Cheltenham Town v Dover | Sunday 14.00
- Cheltenham have been eliminated in just 1/8 FA Cup second round ties.
Scunthorpe United v Worcester | Sunday 14.00
- Scunthorpe have W1/8 FA Cup games and only W1/6 against lower-ranked sides.
- Scunthorpe have L4 FA Cup home ties on the spin, leaking 12. However, they’ve only L1/10 FA Cup second round games.
- Worcester have never reached the third round but have not conceded 2+ in their last 8 FA Cup matches, scoring 2+ themselves in only 1/8.
Southport v Eastleigh | Sunday 14.00
- Southport have W1/9 FA Cup games now. They’ve not reached the third round since 1998/99.
- Eastleigh have never reached the FA Cup second round.
Wycombe Wanderers v AFC Wimbledon | Sunday 14.00
- Wycombe have only reached the third round once in the past 13 years but did beat Wimbledon in an FA Cup tie in 2008.
- Wimbledon have never reached the FA Cup third round but have scored in their last 8 FA Cup matches.
Colchester United v Peterborough United | Sunday 16.30 | BT Sport
- Colchester have conceded 3 goals in 5/6 FA Cup games against Peterborough and been eliminated by the Posh on 4 previous occasions in the FA Cup.