YET another winner for Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) last weekend, but who is he backing this Saturday in Scotland?
Queen Of The South v Hibs | Saturday 15:00
Season 2014/15 is one that Hearts fans will probably look back on in years to come with spadeloads of nostalgia. Yes, it might have only been the second tier of Scottish football but seeing a few different grounds, sampling some cheap pies (and cheaper ticket prices) was great fun – well, for a season anyway.
Would the novelty have worn thin if the Jam Tarts had been subjected to a second season in the Championship? Possibly, but, nevertheless, I fully expect Hibs fans to enjoy their trip to Palmerston Park on Saturday afternoon – mainly because Alan Stubbs’ side are in very decent form at the moment.
The Hibees may have stumbled last weekend as they were held at home by St Mirren, but they have a great chance to get back to winning ways when they make the journey to Dumfries this weekend.
Queen of the South, you see, are simply not the force that they have been in the last couple of seasons. The loss of key players over the summer has damaged the Doonhamers and, despite a bright start to the season, their recent form will surely be giving James Fowler sleepless nights.
Queens have picked up just two points from their last five Championship matches and have scored just three goals in their last six games in all competitions, so the last thing that they need is Hibs pitching up at Palmerston Park this weekend.
St Mirren’s goal against Hibs last weekend was one of just two that Hibs have lost in their last eight matches – the other goal came in a 1-0 defeat at Ibrox.
The Easter Road side have won to nil on no fewer than seven occasions already this season, including a fantastic 2-0 win over Premiership leaders Aberdeen in the League Cup.
Hibs are a solid selection this weekend and I didn't expect to be able to back them at 19/20, but I can – and I will. Hibernian to beat Queen of the South at 19/20 is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Queen Of The South v Hibs – Hibs to win (19/20 Coral)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we're giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at email@example.com telling us you've joined.
- Once verified we'll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we'll double your sign up offer!
- Didn't open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won't qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at firstname.lastname@example.org