FIVE winners from his last six bets. Can you afford to miss Willie Duncan's (@Willie_Duncan) weekend nap?
Ayr v Stranraer | Saturday 15:00
Somerset Park. It sounds like an idyllic, leafy part of the world. The kind of place that would be ideal to take the family for a picnic on a sunny summer's day.
Of course, those of us who have been to the home of Ayr United know that it's not like that at all. When the wind gets up (as it often does in Ayr) and the rain falls, it can be a pretty cold and miserable place.
Stranraer are the visitors to Somerset Park this weekend and, while I haven't seen the weather forecast, I don't expect that it'll be a picnic for Brian Reid's side.
Ayr are in great form at present, having gone 10 League One matches without defeat – a run that includes a hard-fought 2-1 win over Stranraer at Stair Park.
Ian McCall's impressive side are breathing down the necks of league leaders Dunfermline Athletic, while the visitors are languishing in eighth place, with just 12 points from 11 matches.
Stranraer visit Somerset Park having suffered back-to-back 3-0 defeats against Dunfermline and Cowdenbeath respectively, and although their away form is slightly better than their home form, they could well be outclassed against the Honest Men this weekend.
Ayr have won five of their last seven matches, including a hugely impressive 2-0 win over the league leaders at East End Park and a 5-0 demolition of Cowdenbeath at the beginning of this month.
McCall's men, too, possess tremendous firepower, having scored 15 goals in five home matches in League One so far – seven more than Stranraer have scored in 11 league matches this season.
It's fair to say that the odds are stacked hugely in favour of the hosts – except with the odds compilers where Ayr United can still be backed at 10/11!
It's a price that will surely shrink before the first peep of the referee's whistle, so if you want to be walking on Ayr this weekend, you had better be quick. Ayr United at 10/11 to beat Stranraer is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Ayr v Stranraer – Ayr to win (10/11 Bet365)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we're giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us you've joined.
- Once verified we'll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we'll double your sign up offer!
- Didn't open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won't qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at email@example.com