ANOTHER winner for Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) last weekend. Can he come up with the goods again here?
Ross County v Partick | Saturday 15:00
Seven games played; no wins, three draws, four defeats. Whatever way you look at it, the Scottish Premiership table certainly does not make pleasant reading for Partick Thistle supporters.
Throw in the shocking statistic that Alan Archibald’s side have scored in just one of their eight competitive fixtures so far this season – in a 2-2 draw against Kilmarnock in Glasgow – and it’s not hard to see where the Jags’ problems lie; no wonder Kingsley – the Jags’ mascot – looks so angry!
Ross County, by contrast, have been in fine form this season; the Staggies suffered defeat against Celtic on the opening day of the season, but have lost just one of their seven subsequent fixtures in all competitions – a 2-1 reverse at the hands of Hearts back in August.
Indeed, Jim McIntyre’s men have won three of their last four matches and were agonisingly close to winning at Fir Park last weekend, before being left stunned by Louis Moult’s undeserved late leveller for Motherwell.
However, a home fixture against toothless Thistle provides the Staggies with the perfect opportunity to get back to winning ways and I’ll be backing them at 10/11 to claim all three points from Saturday’s showdown.
County have scored in no fewer than 13 of their last 14 matches on home soil and, while it’s cruel to suggest that finding the net might well be enough to bag all three points for McIntyre’s side on Saturday, they certainly have enough firepower to give Alan Archibald a few sleepless nights.
Northern Irish striker Liam Boyce has battered in five goals in his last five games for the Staggies, while striker Craig Curran – with three goals – has also managed more thus far this term than the entire Partick Thistle team put together.
Ross County at 10/11 to beat Partick Thistle is my best bet from the Scottish football card this weekend.
Ross County v Partick Thistle – Ross County to win (10/11 Bet365)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we're giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us you've joined.
- Once verified we'll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we'll double your sign up offer!
- Didn't open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won't qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at email@example.com