CARDS specialist Chris Goodwin (@CGeorgeGamble) picks out his favourite fancies from Sunday evening's La Liga contest between Real Sociedad and Osasuna.
Real Sociedad vs Osasuna | Sunday 14th June 2020, 21:00 | La Liga TV
Osasuna travel to the north of Spain to take on Champions League-chasing Real Sociedad on Sunday.
Only Real Madrid and Barcelona have scored more goals this season than the hosts but out of all of the teams in the top-six, La Real have also conceded the most. Despite this they have a relatively strong record when taking on teams in the lower half at home this season having won five, drawn one and lost one.
Osasuna have struggled on their travels this season, notching only three wins and all of those victories came against opposition in the bottom half of the table. In away games against the top-six they have registered three losses and one draw. They have conceded at least two goals in each of those losses.
- Commit on average 13.8 fouls per game when playing at home.
- Receive on average 11.8 fouls per game when playing at home.
- When playing teams in the bottom half at home this season they have seen 2+ cards in 3/7 games.
- Their opposition have seen 2+ cards in 6/7 and in those fixtures the opposition has seen 2+ second half cards in 6/7 games.
- XG for when playing at home is 26.11 (3rd highest) and they have scored 27.
- XG against when playing at home is 10.86 but they have conceded 12.
- When playing at home to the bottom half they have scored in 7/7 and 2 or more in 4/7 games.
- Have scored in every home game this season.
- Have conceded on 4/7 occasions when playing teams from the bottom half at home.
- Commit on average 14.1 fouls per game away from home.
- Receive on average 12.3 fouls per game when playing away.
- When playing teams in the top half away from home this season they have seen 2+ cards in 6/7 and 3+ in 4/7.
- In those games the opposition has seen 2+ in 6/7.
- XG for when playing away is 13.22 and they have scored 14.
- XG against when playing away is 19.55 and they have only conceded 18.
- When playing away to teams in the top half they have conceded in 4/7 games and scored in 3/7.
- When playing away to teams in the top six they have lost three and drawn one. They have conceded 2+ Goals in each of those losses.
In their two most recent head-to-head clashes, La Real have scored seven goals. Given how clinical the hosts are in relation to their Expected Goals (xG), you can expect them to get a couple against an Osasuna side who are sitting comfortably in mid-table but have conceded twice or more in three of four away games against the top-six.
Osasuna have seen an average of 2.77 cards per-game when they’re playing away and I think that trend continues here as they try to keep a dominant Sociedad side at bay.
Real Sociedad v Osasuna – Real Sociedad to score 2+ Goals, Real Sociedad to win 5+ Corners and Osasuna 2+ Cards (TBC Betfair)