Dundee vs Hibs | Sunday 22nd August 2021, 12:00 | Sky Sports
This should be an entertaining watch at the Kilmac Stadium ont Sunday lunchtime.
Both teams have had at least a week to prepare for this one, so players should be champing at the bit from the off.
My first fancy for this head-to-head, is goals. Here are some numbers to digest:
- Dundee’s first two Premiership matches have saw 4 and 6 goals.
- The Dee had a twelve match sequence last season where both teams scored.
- James McPake’s charges scored 56 league and play off goals in 31 games last season.
- Hibs have scored three goals in their opening two Premiership matches.
- The Hibees only failed to score in 5 away days last term.
- Jack Ross’s outfit scored 30 goals on the road, in 20 games, in 20/21.
Over 2.5 Goals is not too big an ask for this match, especially given both managers attacking philosophy.
Likewise, Over 2.5 Cards is more than achievable, especially with crowds now returning and the following stats:
- Referee Alan Muir has given out a minimum 3 cards in 18/21 (86%) in his most recent games in the middle.
- Dundee’s last three league and cup starts have seen them receive 3 yellow cards/2 yellows and 1 red card/2 yellows and 1 red card.
- Hibs last three aways in the League or Europe, have saw them receive 5 yellow cards 1 red card/3 yellow cards/1 yellow card.
Unibet’s 9/5 for Over 2.5 Goals and Over 2.5 Cards, jumps off the page as an enticing wager for this clash. Let’s hope it’s an entertaining match-up.
Dundee vs Hibs – Over 2.5 Goals and Over 2.5 Cards (9/5 Unibet)