AFTER great success last year, we've asked The Voice Of Value to cover some of the minor races for us this week. Here he looks at the National Hunt Chase.
16:50 Cheltenham | Racing UK
This one is a real slog over 4 miles which is an unusually long race and will test the stamina of these generally younger chasers. None of them will have run over this sort of distance before so it’s a step into the unknown and we can only look for indications in 3 mile races that they are likely to stay the extra distance. Breeding can also be a helpful indicator.
Crucially, the jockeys in this race can make a big difference because some of the amateur jockeys like Derek O’Connor and Nina Carberry are amateur in name only and are miles better than their counterparts which is no disrespect to the other amateurs.
There has been a lot of talk for Minella Rocco (ridden by Derek O’Connor) but that is now reflected in quite a short price in what could be an open race so I don’t think he has much value about him.
Likewise, Noble Endeavour from the Gordon Elliot yard is ridden by the useful Jamie Codd but has also shortened as a result and I’m not sure his form justifies the current price.
One that I think could be cracking value is Vicente at a juicy 16/1. His sire is Dom Alco so he is bred for staying trips like this and is the best horse on official ratings. Will Biddick is a perfectly good amateur jockey and I was surpised to see the horse available at this price.
His poor round of jumping last time out (and some previous jumping errors) might be the reason for that but I suspect that the return to better ground should bring out some improvement and the stable have now had a couple of months to work on his jumping. If he can improve on that side of things and he gets into a rhythm he will take some beating.
16:50 Cheltenham – Vicente each way (16/1 Ladbrokes)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
Are you yet to sign-up for a betting account at Ladbrokes? If so, now is your time as we’ve a bucket load of free bets to giveaway to new customers.
Sign-up to Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £10).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your new account as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Free bets can take up to 28 days to be credited.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with Ladbrokes. if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.