CARD KING Gavin Murphy (@GamePlanGavin) has earmarked Saturday’s Madrid derby for a bout of bookings goodness.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid | Saturday 15.00
Hands up – who can’t wait for this one? Saturday afternoon. Madrid derby. lovely jubbly.
Frankly, I don't think it matters who the referee is in this game but for purposes of background knowledge, it’s Clos Gomez. He averages 6.62 cards-per-game this year but that all goes out the window when it comes to this match.
Last season there were 11 and seven cards shown in this fixture. At the Vincente Calderon stadium in October there were 10 cards issued.
Atletico have been uncharacteristically disciplined so far this season. Usually you can bet your mortgage on the likes of Diego Godin and Juanfran collecting cards.
With second playing third, I expect normal service to resume this week in the heat of battle against bitter local rivals Real.
In games this season Atletico pick up 55% of their cards in the second-half. Real Madrid pick up 71% of their cautions after the half-time oranges.
Whisteblower Gomez will try and do what every other official who referees this fixture does every season – keep his cards in his pocket for as long as possible.
Gomez will only be able to do that for so long before the tension gets too much and the game opens up. And as standard, the referee in question dishes out 62% of his bookings after the half-time interval.
In the past 11 meetings between these two, the Over 3 Cards in the second-half selection has won on EVERY occasion with card totals of 7-5-5-5-7-8-7-9-4-4.
With that in mind, I am taking the Over 3 Cards in the second-half option at a surprisingly generous 7/10 with William Hill.
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid – Over 3 Cards in the second-half (7/10 William Hill)
Want A Free Bet And £10 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Bet365 or Coral via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for a free bet to be dropped into your brand new account and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Bet365 or Coral via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £10).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for a £10 free bet to be dropped into your new account as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365 or Coral. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.