CAN Scotland kick on from their excellent win in Prague on Friday when they face Denmark on Tuesday? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) gives us his thoughts.
Scotland v Denmark | Tuesday 19:45 | Sky Sports 1
I think most people were surprised by Scotland's win against the Czech Republic on Friday night. The Prague win was as frustrating as it was impressive though as the realisation that the buoyant Scots would not be at the European Championships in the summer.
To douse the Scottish fire a little it's worth remembering that that was the Czech Republic's fifth defeat in six friendlies. While they finished top of their Euro qualifying group, it's clear that friendlies aren't really their bag.
But hey, us Scots need all the positives we can muster so who am I to go trampling all over that win? This match against Denmark provides a realistic opportunity of another thumbs-up result for Gordon Strachan's side.
Denmark are nothing exceptional. They suffered their worst ever international defeat in qualifying for the 2014 World Cup when they were humped 4-0 at home by Armenia.
They missed the party in Brazil and huffed and puffed their way through a Euro qualifying group that certainly wasn't the toughest. Just three wins from their eight games and a measly eight goals scored meant they finished third and were knocked out by Sweden in the play-offs.
Six of Denmark's eight Euro 2016 qualifiers went Under 2.5 Goals and that certainly gives you a feel for the kind of outfit they are. Unders is 4/7 here you won't be surprised to know.
Post World Cup Denmark's friendlies have been a mixed bag with wins over the United States, Iceland and Montenegro balanced out by defeats to France, Turkey and Romania.
The Danes have failed to win any of their last seven away friendlies and have suffered defeat in five of their six and indeed in nine of their last 14 friendly trips.
Compare that record to Scotland's five friendly wins in their last seven matches and just one defeat in eight and you start to question why the Scots are as big as 2/1.
Early indications seem to suggest that Scotland will play a fairly strong side on Tuesday and Strachan will be desperate to put back to back wins together with the World Cup qualifiers on the horizon.
I'm happy to back Scotland on the Draw No Bet tonight at 11/10 with Bet365. I'm not convinced this Denmark side offer too much and recent results prove that.
Scotland v Denmark – Scotland 0 Asian Handicap (11/10 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at email@example.com. We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.