FOOTBALL LEAGUE expert Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) shares his selections from Saturday’s EFL card.
Aston Villa v Norwich | Saturday 15:00
- Aston Villa have won each of their last 3 home games ‘to nil’ – they’ve not won 4/4 home games ‘to nil’ since 1983.
- Aston Villa are the Championship’s form team over the past six games (W5-D0-L1).
- Aston Villa have W9-D7-L2 at Villa Park this season, scoring in 17/18. However, the Villans have only kept 6/18 home clean sheets.
- Aston Villa have seen Both Teams To Score win in 11/18 (61%) Villa Park games.
- Aston Villa may continue to field Mile Jedinak at centre-half due to injuries.
- Norwich have W5-D5-L2 in their last 12 games – 9 of which saw Both Teams To Score pay-out.
- Norwich have only W1-D4-L8 in their last 13 away games but the Canaries have scored in 15/19 away games this season.
- Norwich have scored in each of their last 14 matches and seen Both Teams To Score bank in 25/38 (66%) overall this season.
- Norwich have seen Both Teams To Score collect in 14/19 (74%) away games.
- Norwich will be playing Steven Whittaker at left-back due to Mitchell Dijks’ suspension and have Youssouf Mulumbu missing.
Back Both Teams To Score at 19/20 (888)
Bolton v Chesterfield | Saturday 15:00
- Bolton have won 5/5 games – they’ve not won 6 consecutive games since 2000 under Sam Allardyce.
- Bolton have scored 16 goals in those 5 games, notching 4+ goals on 3 occasions.
- Bolton have won 10/14 home league games and won 13/18 home games across all competitions.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 3/5 home games against bottom-six clubs this season.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 9/20 (45%) home games this season and lead at half-time in 11/20 (55%) home games this season.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 16/39 (41%) of league games this season, leading at half-time in 19 (49%) matches.
- Chesterfield have W1-D5-L7 in their last 13 games and W2-D6-L10 in their last 18 games.
- Chesterfield have W1-D0-L7 when taking on the top-six this season.
- Chesterfield have lost by 2+ goals in 6/9 trips to top-six teams.
- Chesterfield have lost 23/40 (58%) games this season, have lost 8/11 away games across all competitions and lost 14/20 (70%) away league games.
Back Bolton/Bolton in the Half-Time/Full-Time market at 11/10 (Coral).
Stevenage v Barnet | Saturday 15:00
- Stevenage have W9-D2-L1 in their last 12 matches, keeping 6/12 clean sheets.
- Stevenage have won 7 consecutive home games, winning 4/5 at home by at least 3 goals lately.
- Stevenage have W10-D4-L6 in their last 20 home games against bottom-half teams and W14-D2-L4 in their last 20 when hosting teams below them.
- Only league leaders Doncaster have scored more goals than Stevenage this season.
- Barnet have W2-D6-L6 in their last 14 games and have W1-D4-L3 in their last 8 games, failing to keep a clean sheet.
- Barnet’s only win since the Rossi Eames and Henry Newman partnership ended came against struggling Cheltenham last time out.
- Barnet have W1-D2-L3 away and kept only 1/9 away clean sheet.
- Barnet have W4-D7-L9 in their last 20 away games at top-half teams and W3-D8-L9 in their last 20 games against clubs above them in the table.
Aston Villa v Norwich – Both Teams To Score (19/20 888)
Bolton v Chesterfield – Bolton/Bolton (11/10 Coral)
Stevenage v Barnet – Stevenage to win (23/20 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’re offering two free bets and £10 instant cash to all readers that register for a betting account with any of our nominated partners via this page.
We’ll then arrange for two free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses like we do at WLB!
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|