FOOTBALL LEAGUE expert Mark O’Haire (@MarkOHaire) shares his selections from Saturday’s EFL card.
Aston Villa v Norwich | Saturday 15:00
- Aston Villa have won each of their last 3 home games ‘to nil’ – they’ve not won 4/4 home games ‘to nil’ since 1983.
- Aston Villa are the Championship’s form team over the past six games (W5-D0-L1).
- Aston Villa have W9-D7-L2 at Villa Park this season, scoring in 17/18. However, the Villans have only kept 6/18 home clean sheets.
- Aston Villa have seen Both Teams To Score win in 11/18 (61%) Villa Park games.
- Aston Villa may continue to field Mile Jedinak at centre-half due to injuries.
- Norwich have W5-D5-L2 in their last 12 games – 9 of which saw Both Teams To Score pay-out.
- Norwich have only W1-D4-L8 in their last 13 away games but the Canaries have scored in 15/19 away games this season.
- Norwich have scored in each of their last 14 matches and seen Both Teams To Score bank in 25/38 (66%) overall this season.
- Norwich have seen Both Teams To Score collect in 14/19 (74%) away games.
- Norwich will be playing Steven Whittaker at left-back due to Mitchell Dijks’ suspension and have Youssouf Mulumbu missing.
Back Both Teams To Score at 19/20 (888)
Bolton v Chesterfield | Saturday 15:00
- Bolton have won 5/5 games – they’ve not won 6 consecutive games since 2000 under Sam Allardyce.
- Bolton have scored 16 goals in those 5 games, notching 4+ goals on 3 occasions.
- Bolton have won 10/14 home league games and won 13/18 home games across all competitions.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 3/5 home games against bottom-six clubs this season.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 9/20 (45%) home games this season and lead at half-time in 11/20 (55%) home games this season.
- Bolton have had W/W double results in 16/39 (41%) of league games this season, leading at half-time in 19 (49%) matches.
- Chesterfield have W1-D5-L7 in their last 13 games and W2-D6-L10 in their last 18 games.
- Chesterfield have W1-D0-L7 when taking on the top-six this season.
- Chesterfield have lost by 2+ goals in 6/9 trips to top-six teams.
- Chesterfield have lost 23/40 (58%) games this season, have lost 8/11 away games across all competitions and lost 14/20 (70%) away league games.
Back Bolton/Bolton in the Half-Time/Full-Time market at 11/10 (Coral).
Stevenage v Barnet | Saturday 15:00
- Stevenage have W9-D2-L1 in their last 12 matches, keeping 6/12 clean sheets.
- Stevenage have won 7 consecutive home games, winning 4/5 at home by at least 3 goals lately.
- Stevenage have W10-D4-L6 in their last 20 home games against bottom-half teams and W14-D2-L4 in their last 20 when hosting teams below them.
- Only league leaders Doncaster have scored more goals than Stevenage this season.
- Barnet have W2-D6-L6 in their last 14 games and have W1-D4-L3 in their last 8 games, failing to keep a clean sheet.
- Barnet’s only win since the Rossi Eames and Henry Newman partnership ended came against struggling Cheltenham last time out.
- Barnet have W1-D2-L3 away and kept only 1/9 away clean sheet.
- Barnet have W4-D7-L9 in their last 20 away games at top-half teams and W3-D8-L9 in their last 20 games against clubs above them in the table.
Aston Villa v Norwich – Both Teams To Score (19/20 888)
Bolton v Chesterfield – Bolton/Bolton (11/10 Coral)
Stevenage v Barnet – Stevenage to win (23/20 Bet365)
World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide
Our 130-page spectacular, World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide, is available to buy NOW!
The interactive magazine includes previews, videos, stats and tips for all 32 teams, features on Outright Winners, Top Goalscorer, Refs & Cards, Dark Horses, Flops, Knock-out Betting and much more.
22 football experts contribute to our Ask the Experts feature and there’s over 5 hours of exclusive audio with 5 of the planet’s most respected reporters who discuss the chances of each nation with our very own Mark O’Haire.
And if that wasn’t enough there’s a free bet up for grabs with our partners Ladbrokes.