SCOTTISH football bible Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) shares his favourite fancy from north of the border this weekend.
Greenock Morton v Raith | Saturday 15:00
Greenock Morton have been one of the surprise packages of the Scottish season so far.
I don’t think that many observers expected much from Jim Duffy’s charges in the Championship this season, but Morton have, for the most part, been superb and they are exceeding expectations.
Eyes on the play-offs
Indeed, Duffy’s team are currently third in the second tier tucked in behind Hibernian and Dundee United and, while it is too much to expect a tilt for the title, the team from Cappielow will have high hopes of making the promotion play-offs.
Morton’s home form has been the key to success so far this season; they have lost just once at Cappielow in all competitions – against Aberdeen in the League Cup – and they’ve won four of their last six league games on home soil, drawing against both of the top two.
Raith, by contrast, are struggling to find form; Gary Locke’s men have failed to win any of their last eight fixtures and a 4-1 thumping against Falkirk in Kirkcaldy last weekend is not exactly the kind of result that suggests that Raith are about to turn the corner.
Raith’s road struggles
A glance at their away form brings little comfort for Locke’s team either, for Raith have picked up just one point from their last four games away from home – a 1-1 draw at Easter Road despite being battered by the hosts on Christmas Eve.
The Fifers have now failed to score in their other three most recent matches on the road.
Cappielow is not the kind of place that teams want to visit when they are not firing on all cylinders and Morton can be trusted to further improve on their fine home form in style on Saturday afternoon.
Duffy’s side are superb value at even-money with Bet365 to pick up another three points against a Raith side with a decidedly ropey record in recent weeks.
Greenock Morton v Raith – Greenock Morton to win (1/1 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|