CHRIS Graham (@chrisgraham79) eyes up Southampton’s trip to Isreal on Thursday in the Europa League.
Hapoel Beer Sheva v Southampton | Thursday 18:00 | BT Sport Europe
Hapoel Beer Sheva produced one of the most eye-catching results of the season so far two weeks ago when they beat an Inter side 2-0 at the San Siro. This came just a month after being torn apart 5-2 by Celtic in Glasgow in Champions League qualifying.
In all honesty, it’s hard to form a solid picture of this team. On the positive side they’ve won in the San Siro, knocked out Olympiakos and beat Celtic 2-0 in Israel. In the other camp, they struggled to get past Moldovan side Sheriff in the early rounds of the Champions League and conceded five in Glasgow.
Matchday 1 was just the trigger Southampton needed to kick-start their season and Claude Puel’s reign. Their 3-0 win over Sparta Prague ended a run of four games without victory and from there they’ve kicked on to record three straight wins without conceding a goal.
This looks a perfect competition for Southampton if they can stay comfortable in the league table. It’s a real opportunity for them to put their name up on European lights in a similar vein to Leicester in the Champions League. I really hope they embrace it.
Puel has decided to rest a few key names for the long trip to the Middle East and the in-form Charlie Austin joins Jose Fonte, Ryan Bertrand and Steven Davis on the absence list.
I still think class will out here and Southampton will get the job done. With the likes of Virgil Van Dijk and Dusan Tadic likely to be amongst the starting line up there should be a gulf in talent against a side who look the weakest in the group.
Hapoel’s win over Inter was very impressive two weeks ago but the Milanese can be prone to poor results in Europe and struggled against Qarabag in this competition two years ago.
Hapoel Beer Sheva v Southampton – Southampton to win (5/4 Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|