GUNNING for a third straight weekend winner here’s Willie Duncan’s (@Willie_Duncan) best Scottish bet.
Dundee United v Hamilton | Sunday 15:00
After the Scottish Cup semi-finals last weekend, I expected to be met by gloating, gleeful Hibs fans at work this week. To my surprise, most of the Hibs fans that I came across were feeling glum, lacking belief that this could finally be their year after suffering so much Hampden heartache in the past. If that’s how the Hibbies are feeling, it’s difficult to imagine how disconsolate Dundee United fans are at present.
Eight points adrift at the foot of the Premiership and almost certainly heading for the Championship, United’s disunited squad had a chance to finally give their long suffering supporters something to smile about – and they blew it.
In truth, Mixu Paatelainen’s team rarely looked like scoring from open play at Hampden and they looked even less likely to deliver from the spot in their shoot-out defeat.
It’s safe to suggest, then, that Dundee United’s home match against Hamilton Accies this weekend will not have been marked down in the diary of many a football purist.
Accies look likely to live to fight another day in the top-flight unless they get drawn into the relegation play-off by Kilmarnock but they’ve only scored five goals in their last seven away matches – and that should be a cause for concern at this stage of the season.
United have scored just once in their last four matches and morale must surely be at an all-time low after last weekend’s Hampden horror show.
These two teams played out a tedious 0-0 draw at New Douglas Park in February and I’m not expecting much better fare to be offered up this time around.
So, it’s even money for Saturday’s showdown at Tannadice to produce fewer than three goals that had caught my eye this weekend.
Dundee United v Hamilton – Under 2.5 Goals (Evens Bet365)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide
Our 130-page spectacular, World Cup 2018: The Ultimate Betting Guide, is available to buy NOW!
The interactive magazine includes previews, videos, stats and tips for all 32 teams, features on Outright Winners, Top Goalscorer, Refs & Cards, Dark Horses, Flops, Knock-out Betting and much more.
22 football experts contribute to our Ask the Experts feature and there’s over 5 hours of exclusive audio with 5 of the planet’s most respected reporters who discuss the chances of each nation with our very own Mark O’Haire.
And if that wasn’t enough there’s a free bet up for grabs with our partners Ladbrokes.