EAGER for some late-season value Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) returns with his best bet in Scotland this weekend.
Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton | Sunday 12:30
At the start of the season, I thought that it might be Dumbarton taking the plunge into League One from the Scottish Championship at the end of the campaign.
Instead, it is Alloa Athletic, Dumbarton’s opponents on Saturday afternoon, who will say farewell to the second tier of Scottish football this weekend.
The Wasps have seen determined to go out on a high note, stringing together a four-match unbeaten run (albeit too little, too late) which included a 1-0 win over Hibernian at Recreation Park (that’s what I still call it, anyway) and a 1-1 draw against champions Rangers at Ibrox.
However, I think that they may be denied one last hurrah when they line up against the Sons on Saturday afternoon.
True, neither team has anything to play for, while Dumbarton’s form is patchier than a very patchy thing, but the Sons are, quite simply, a far better side than Alloa Athletic.
Stephen Aitken’s squad is loaded with experienced heads like Darren Barr, Frazer Wright, Paul Heffernan and Christian Nade who know what it takes to win football matches at this level and that is why Dumbarton will be playing in the second tier next season and Alloa will not.
Dumbarton didn’t put their best foot forward as they slumped to a dismal 4-0 defeat against Hibs at Easter Road on Tuesday night and I’m sure that the visitors will be determined to sign off the season in style this weekend.
The last three meetings between these teams have all gone Dumbarton’s way, with the Sons winning 2-0, 5-0 and 3-1.
The even money quote for Dumbarton to heap yet more misery upon Alloa is too generous to turn my nose up at – and I fancy that the price may well be trimmed before kick-off on Saturday. Dumbarton to beat Alloa Athletic at even money is my best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Alloa Athletic v Dumbarton – Dumbarton to win (Evens Ladbrokes)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.