WILL Stoke’s miserable form continue on Saturday against Man City? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the game for us.
Manchester City v Stoke | Saturday 12:45 | Sky Sports 1
One of the most exciting and potentially lucrative things about gambling is taking the opposite view from the masses. You can end up with egg on your face or be hailed a hero. It’s a route I’m willing to take on Saturday.
Every guy and their dog wants to take on Stoke at the moment. A quick glance at their results indicates just why. Just one win in their last six matches and eight goals conceded in their last two games. It’s a bleak picture for sure.
On Saturday they travel to the Etihad to take on a cocksure Man City side days away from an appearance in the Champions League semi-finals and with four wins in their last six matches.
Stoke come into this game at 11/1 which is fair enough on what they’ve achieved in recent weeks. The consensus seems to be that they’ve downed tools for the season and that may be the case.
The way I’m thinking though is that I can’t see Mark Hughes allowing that to happen. The Welshman has always spoke of his desire for his sides to improve season-on-season and I can’t believe he won’t be hammering home that message just now.
Stoke beat Manchester City back in December on home soil and also won at the Etihad last season. They’ve thrived upon playing the big clubs under Hughes and have enjoyed success over City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool.
Man City have one of the biggest games in the club’s history next week against Real Madrid and that must be preying on their mind as they approach this game.
While I understand and accept why people are suggesting Stoke are on the beach I’m willing to give them a go here and will back them to score at 19/20 with William Hill.
I’m totally aware that I could look really foolish come even 1pm on Saturday but sometimes you have to take a stand and express an unfashionable view.
Manchester City v Stoke – Stoke to score Over 0.5 Goals (19/20 William Hill)
Manchester City v Stoke – Under 1.5 Goals (43/10 Marathonbet)
Manchester City v Stoke – 0-0 Draw (16/1 Coral)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.