LEICESTER’S march to the title continues on Sunday when they host Sunderland. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) offers his views.
Leicester v West Ham | Sunday 13:30 | Sky Sports 1
Another Sunday lunchtime date for Leicester as they ebb ever closer to an incredible title win and another big hurdle to overcome as sixth place West Ham turn up at the King Power.
The Hammers arrive in the Midlands under a cloud though. Wednesday night’s FA Cup Quarter-Final replay loss to Manchester United will have hurt the club hugely and I’m not sure they’ll be able to put that completely out of their minds.
It was all there for the East London club. They were unbeaten in eight months at home and up against a wayward inconsistent side yet they let it slip.
A date in the semi-finals against Everton would have been winnable and then with Crystal Palace or Watford waiting for them in the Wembley finale success was a real possibility.
Yeah you may sense some frustration in my words. You’d be correct to. I had backed West Ham at 11/1 for the trophy back in February and felt it was a real runner. So while I have the petted lip out, just imagine what the players and the emotional Slaven Bilic are going through?
The Hammers can’t go anywhere on Sunday. Even if they beat Leicester they’ll remain in sixth position and four points off the Top 4. Champions League hopes are drifting away. So it’s fair to say there’s a lot more at stake here for the Foxes than the Hammers.
Leicester have had two huge tests in the last fortnight and passed them both well. Southampton are never an easy side to beat yet they got over the line 1-0 in a spirited win and then last week were too strong for a Sunderland side fighting for their lives.
The raw stats are also very impressive for Leicester. They’ve won their last five matches overall and won five of their last six at the King Power. On top of this it’s seven months since they lost a home league game.
When you factor in Leicester’s bullish and ballsy forward grunt towards the title and West Ham’s morale-sapping midweek then the Foxes look a decent bet at Evens.
Leicester v West Ham – Leicester to win (Evens Ladbrokes)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.