ARSENAL host FA Cup semi-finalists Crystal Palace in the late Sunday game. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) shares his thoughts.
Arsenal v Crystal Palace | Sunday 16:00 | Sky Sports 1
While Arsenal’s title hopes were finally put to sleep in the last week Crystal Palace’s four points has surely booked them a place in next season’s Premier League. Don’t expect tensions to be high here.
Arsenal go into this game at least 13 points behind leaders Leicester while for Palace they lie eight points clear of the relegation zone. The Eagles also have an FA Cup semi-final fixture next weekend to consider.
Arsenal for all their faults are generally reliable in these kind of games. They’ve lost just three times at The Emirates in the league this season; twice to top half sides West Ham and Chelsea and once inexplicably to Swansea in March.
The previous season they lost just twice at The Emirates in the league; unluckily to Manchester United and then once again at the end of the season to Swansea.
It’s 22 years since Crystal Palace beat Arsenal and since they returned to the top flight in 2013/14 Arsenal have won five times out of five. The last three of those wins came by the odd goal with the previous two by two goals.
As I mentioned in more depth last week Arsenal tend to end the season very strongly. As is always the case this occurs when the title has escaped them and the pressure eases. Sunday fits that framework perfectly.
Crystal Palace have steadied the ship in recent weeks and come into this game on an unbeaten run of three but taking on Arsenal away is a step up from mingling with the likes of Norwich and Everton.
With Arsenal devoid of pressure and Palace on the road to Wembley next weekend I’m willing to chance Arsenal to win by more than one goal and will back them -1.5 at 10/11 with BetVictor.
I’ll also have an outlandish bet on Over 3.5 Arsenal goals at 100/30 with William Hill. I appreciate this is unlikely with Palace tightening up in recent weeks but surely we’re due a riotous performance from wounded Arsenal before the season is out?
Arsenal v Crystal Palace – Arsenal -1.5 (10/11 BetVictor)
Arsenal v Crystal Palace – Over 3.5 Arsenal Goals (100/30 William Hill)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.