WILLIE DUNCAN (@Willie_Duncan) returns with a view on the best bet from Scotland this weekend.
Ayr v Dunfermline | Saturday 15.00
I’ve been sweet on Dunfermline Athletic all season and I’m looking for one last big payday from the Pars when they visit Somerset Park on Saturday.
Allan Johnston’s side are 11 points ahead in League One with just eight matches remaining and, so, they are entitled to have the champagne on ice.
The Pars are the class act in the third tier of Scottish football and I expect them to underline their superiority by beating Ayr United this weekend.
The Honest Men, though, won’t roll over and the three scraps between these sides so far this season have been fascinating, with Dunfermline winning 2-1 and 3-2, while Ayr ran out as 2-0 winners at East End Park back in September.
Ayr have scored eight goals in their last two home matches in League One and they will be keen to pip Peterhead to second place, as that can be advantageous in the weird world of the Scottish play-offs.
I certainly wouldn’t put it past Ayr to join the Pars in the Scottish Championship next season and there is plenty of reason to think that Saturday’s showdown at Somerset Park will provide plenty of excitement – with goals at both ends looking like a solid selection.
However, you haven’t been paying enough attention this season if you think I’d even entertain the notion of sticking up a 4/7 shot as my NAP.
Instead, I’ll be backing goals at both ends – and Dunfermline Athletic to win – at a far more palatable 28/11 (888).
Ayr v Dunfermline – Dunfermline to win and Both Teams To Score (28/11 888)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]