IRISH football correspondent Dylan O’Neill (@Dylanoneill_95) has made an unbeatable start to life at WLB. His latest best bet arrives on Saturday night.
Athlone v Limerick | Saturday 19.45
Limerick have readapted to life back in the League of Ireland First Division in spectacular fashion, winning all three of their matches so far this season.
The visitors began their campaign with a resounding victory over fellow promotional favourites UCD 4-1, dominating throughout, especially after UCD went a man down just before half-time.
Limerick then opened (surprisingly) as only 4/6 favourites – later being backed into close to 1/2 – against Waterford away and duly smashed them in another very entertaining game 5-2.
Last weekend Limerick once again opened the floodgates and hit six past what seemed to be an improved Cobh Ramblers from last season. And on Monday, Limerick also hammered Cobh 4-2 in the first round of Ireland’s League Cup without starting their captain Shane Duggan or in-form striker Aaron Greene, who has four goals in three games this season.
Last season the Super Blues weren’t far off avoiding relegation having seemingly been doomed at the mid-way point, lying rock-bottom and having lost 12 of their 17 games, drawing the other five and conceding 40 goals.
However, in their last 16 league games they W7-D3-L6. This upward run of results wasn’t down to Limerick’s improved defensive record – in fact, it ended up coming down to some incredibly high scoring games in which the Super Blues somehow ended up on top of.
Games in those last 16 matches included crazy score-lines such as 3-2 wins against Cork City and Sligo, a 4-3 victory against Bohemians, a 3-3 draw with Longford, a 2-2 draw with Bray, another 3-2 success against Sligo and 3-1 triumph away to Galway, as well as a 3-1 loss to Dundalk – so it’s unsurprising to learn Limerick conceded the most goals during their relegation campaign (73 goals in 33 matches).
In going down, Limerick kept the bulk of their atrocious defence with the likes of Robbie Williams, Shane Traecy and Paudie O’Connor remaining in the Super Blues XI. And having already been responsible for leaking six goals in four outings this term, I really can’t see how this backline won’t concede again on Saturday night.
I’d have made Both Teams To Score around a 3/4 mark for the match-up at Athlone, knowing Limerick’s almost non-existent defence is on show along with former St Patrick’s striker Aaron Greene in fantastic form for the Super Blues up top; I just can’t see how this bet loses.
Athlone v Limerick – Both Teams To Score (19/20 BetVictor)
Want TWO Free Bets And £5 Cash?
Sign-up to Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page, deposit and place your first bet and drop us a line at [email protected] We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £5.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Netbet, Bet365, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (up to £5).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £5 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Bet365, Netbet, Coral, BetBright or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.