Dundee United v Hearts | Saturday 15.00
It was a case of Hearts, Hearts, Inglorious Hearts as they crashed out of the Scottish Cup on Tuesday.
Hibs outsmarted their Premiership rivals and it’s a defeat that will hurt the Jambos for some time.
They can, however, ease the pain with a win today and a trip to demoralised Dundee United could provide the perfect pick-me-up.
On the same night as Hearts’ cup exit United were crashing 3-0 to Motherwell and next day club owner Stephen Thompson slated the players and branded the display “absymal”.
That can’t have helped morale and Hearts can take advantage at Tannadice on Saturday. They’ve beaten United home and away and are a generous enough 7/5 (Boylesports) to pick the points and cement third place in the Premiership.
St Johnstone v Motherwell | Saturday 15.00
It was Motherwell who just about relegated Dundee Utd on Tuesday and they’re back on Tayside with a visit to St Johnstone.
Saints have lost five out of six and are in terrible form but their h2h against Well is impressive – five successive victories in Perth.
So what do you trust – form or stats? Having netted three at Tannadice and seen good displays by veterans James McFadden and Scott McDonald I fancy Well to score.
Saints ended a barren home run by netting four in their last McDiarmid Park outing against Aberdeen so I’ll be on both teams to score at 7/8 with 888 Sport.
Hibs v Alloa | Sunday 13.30 | Sky Sports 1
Hibs should be on a high after beating Hearts and should win by at least two at 8/13 with Bet365.
Alan Stubbs’s side pack plenty of firepower and can rotate up front with four strikers all vying for places.
It was 3-0 when the Wasps visited Easter Road earlier in the season and the Championship’s bottom club are on a four-game winless run.
Dundee United v Hearts – Hearts to win (7/5 Boylesports)
St Johnstone v Motherwell – Both Teams To Score (7/8 888 Sport)
Hibs v Alloa – Hibs -1 handicap (8/13 Bet365)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]