NON-LEAGUE expert Callum Jones (@Goaldust) has found two National League bets to follow this weekend.
Forest Green Rovers v Eastleigh | Saturday 15:00
I’m probably starting to sound like a cracked record but how the bookies can continue to justify laying Forest Green at home, at almost even-money, is beyond me.
The Gloucestershire outfit may have lost ground on leaders Cheltenham due to a 2-2 at Wrexham a fortnight ago but they’ve won seven of their last eight in the league and have collected maximum points in their own back yard in their last eight home games.
As I’ve stated in a previous post, they’re the best team in the division on their own patch. They’ve only dropped points against Cheltenham, Gateshead and Tranmere at the New Lawn and all three were during a difficult spell in late September/early October. They’ve been pitch perfect ever since.
On the other side of things, Eastleigh have been well out of tune for a while now. They approached Christmas well in touch at the top, having won 12 out of 14 games in all competitions.
Ever since, they’ve been dreadful. Perhaps their FA Cup exploits took their toll, but they’ve not won a football match since 19 December and they’ve played 10 times since then. Their record in that period reads W0-D5-L5.
Saturday marks their fourth straight game on the road and that must start to become difficult, especially when you’re not winning. They’ve conceded eight goals in their last three and were beaten by a resurgent Gateshead side in midweek.
On their day, they are a very good side who deserve to be battling at the head of this division. Unfortunately, it’s not been their day for quite some time now (63 days, to be precise), and it’ll take some performance to turn that around at the League’s premier home team.
Therefore, the 20/21 Ladbrokes are offering about a home win appears too good to pass up.
FC Halifax Town v Grimsby Town | Saturday 15:00
Halifax have dragged themselves out from the abyss and have a genuine chance of staying up now. Jim Harvey has done a super job and whatever happens from here on out, he and his players deserve massive credit for turning it around.
They were beaten by FGR last weekend, but it was the first time they’ve lost in their own back yard since November last year. They had drawn four from six before that defeat, so turning a point into three has clearly been a big issue.
Grimsby have seen the top two in the division disappear into the sunset in recent weeks but their form remains solid enough – they’ve won nine of their last 12 in the league.
Town have been very impressive on the road and have lost only once since the end of August, so they’re quite rightly favourites to extend their fine run at the Shay on Saturday.
Having said that, 4/5 seems a little skinny, especially considering Jim Harvey’s side have been very difficult to beat in recent weeks, so I think a trip down the goals route may be more rewarding.
Both Teams To Score has copped in 13 of Halifax’s 17 home fixtures this season, and there’s been an average of 3.6 goals-per-game in West Yorkshire. FCHT have scored in seven of their last eight home games and Grimsby in five of their last six on the road.
BTTS is slim at 8/11, so I’ll take the 11/10 Stan James are offering about Both Teams To Score and Over 2.5 Goals – that seems reasonable, all things considered.
Forest Green Rovers v Eastleigh – Forest Green Rovers to win (20/21 Ladbrokes)
FC Halifax Town v Grimsby Town – Both Teams To Score and Over 2.5 Goals (11/10 Stan James)
Did you know, new Ladbrokes customers are entitled to a huge £50 matched first bet? Did you also know that, if you join Ladbrokes via any of the links on this page, you’ll be entitled to an exclusive £10 free bet AND free cash from WLB with the opportunity to win up to £100?
It’s all true, folks. Here’s how:
- Join Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet as a new customer.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified, we’ll arrange for another £10 free bet to be delivered to your account.
- We’ll then give you the offer to take £10 cash or if you prefer, set you a betting challenge that could net you up to £100 cash!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|