WILLIE DUNCAN’S (@Willie_Duncan) NAP was ruined by the weather last weekend. So he’s back for another bite at the Scottish Premiership.
Hamilton v Hearts | Sunday 12.45 | Sky Sports 3
If you’re looking for goals with your Sunday lunch, look no further than New Douglas Park as Hamilton Accies host Heart of Midlothian in the Scottish Premiership.
I’ll be behind the goal, hoping to roar Hearts on to victory, but for the neutral tuning in to live television coverage of the game, I’m sure that there will be plenty of goalmouth action to keep you entertained.
Hearts produced their best performance of the season last weekend, hitting Motherwell for six at Tynecastle and, having scored two or more goals in each of their last four league games, there is a suggestion that Robbie Neilson’s side is beginning to click.
I haven’t seen anything of Hamilton’s last match, but the scoreline – an 8-1 hammering at the hands of Celtic – is enough to suggest that Martin Canning’s side were an absolute shambles at the back – and not for the first time.
Accies have leaked a total of 27 goals in their last eight matches – including four against League Two minnows Annan Athletic in the Scottish Cup.
Last weekend’s creditable goalless draw against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park looks to be more of a blip than a trend and I’ll be backing the Jam Tarts to get on the goal trail again this weekend.
Hearts have scored twice in both meetings with Accies this season – in a 3-2 loss at New Douglas Park and in a 2-0 stroll at Tynecastle.
Osman Sow and Gavin Reilly are starting to form a very decent partnership up top, but six different goalscorers in last weekend’s demolition of Motherwell shows that the Jam Tarts have goals throughout the team – a point underlined by the fact that marauding right-back Callum Paterson has scored in each of his last three outings.
The 21/20 (Ladbrokes) quote for Hearts to score two or more goals this weekend is bursting with value. Get involved!
Hamilton v Hearts – Hearts to score Over 1.5 Goals (21/20 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]