A welcome winner for Dino (@VitaDino) last week and now he’s confident of another here.
St Johnstone v Hamilton | Saturday 15:00
It was good to get back to winning ways last weekend when Rangers helped themselves to a convincing win in the Scottish Cup. Back to league action this weekend and I’m in the Scottish Premiership as St Johnstone host Hamilton at Mcdiarmid Park on Saturday.
St Johnstone sit 4th in the league after an excellent run of form before Christmas propelled them up the table. They’ve fallen a bit behind the Top 3 after a run of three without a win the league since then but will hope their good form at home will get them their first win in 2016. After all, they only lost four games in the league at home in the whole of 2015.
Hamilton on the other hand are in free fall and last weekend’s 4-1 loss at League Two Annan in the Scottish Cup has set alarm bells ringing that they could be dragged into a relegation battle.
They’ve won one game in their last 13 outings in all competitions a run stretching back to October and it’s seen them fall from 5th to 10th in league.
They’ve only picked up 1/15 points available in December and now they’re only two points above Kilmarnock who sit in the relegation play-off place. Most alarming for manager Martin Canning will the goals they’re shipping, they’ve conceded 19 goals in their last sxi games which is an average of three a game.
St Johnstone have won both meetings this season 2-1 and 4-2, so I fully expect them to make it 3/3 on Saturday, after Hamilton’s horror show last weekend I can’t see them getting anything on Saturday.
St Johnstone v Hamilton – St Johnstone to win (20/21 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]