YOUR ONLY port of call for Football League goalscorer action is back. Gavin Horsfall (@GHorsfall) shares his Notebook selections from Saturday.
Stevenage v Barnet | Saturday 15.00
Teddy Sheringham bought in Luke Wilkinson from Luton to shore up his leaky defence this week but there’s arguably still some value in presuming Stevenage won’t suddenly start to inspire punters soon.
They welcome League Two’s worst away defence in the shape of Barnet but as Plymouth highlighted last weekend, Stevenage are vulnerable to a cross or two.
And in Bira Dembele (10/1 William Hill) the Bees have not only a threat from set-pieces but a player who also ticks the ‘former club’ box by having turned out 40-odd times for Stevenage before joining Barnet.
Portsmouth v Oxford | Saturday 15.00
No doubt Kemar Roofe grabs most headlines for Oxford these days but after watching them against Bristol Rovers on Sunday, I’m pretty sure U’s fans might point to John Lundstram (9/1) as a key factor in an excellent season so far.
If the 21-year-old does pop up on the scoresheet, it’s going to be a screamer. But he was so keen to get a shot away last week he’s undoubtedly due, forcing a couple of excellent saves from Rovers keeper Mildenhall and providing the assist for the Roofe opener.
The price reflects his record but I’ve a feeling we’re getting good value here for a player who loves a dig.
Mansfield v Luton | Saturday 15.00
Not really sure what’s going on at Luton these days but Nathan Jones has a job on his hands it seems withtThe Hatters struggling at both ends of the pitch.
Luton head to Mansfield on Saturday who’ve won 10 of their 14 games against bottom-half sides and. despite some indifferent form, do at least continue to trouble the scorer.
James Baxendale (13/2 Stan James) has looked spritely for the Stags since joining on a month’s loan from Walsall operating in behind Matt Green.
Stevenage v Barnet – Bira Dembele to score at anytime (10/1 William Hill)
Portsmouth v Oxford – John Lundstram to score at anytime (9/1 Stan James)
Mansfield v Luton – James Baxendale to score at anytime (13/2 Stan James)
Did you know, WeLoveBetting will give you FREE CASH every time you open a new account with a bookie via our site? It’s true.
All players will be offered a free cash prize or the chance to win £100 cash just for picking five winners in a row – you don’t even have to back them.
Just sign-up with a bookmaker via any of the links on our site, deposit then email us at [email protected] and we’ll get the ball rolling.
- Register a new bookmaker account via any of the links on WLB
- Deposit and take advantage of their sign-up offer.
- Email us at [email protected] to confirm your registration came from WLB.
- We’ll offer you free cash or the chance to gamble your way to a £100 jackpot.
- You don’t get this anywhere else so keep it WLB!
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|