SCOTTISH football bible Willie Duncan (@Willie_Duncan) is back looking for more success from the Championship this weekend.
Rangers v Greenock Morton | Saturday 15.00
I must admit that I feel a wee bit sorry for Greenock Morton. They came up from League One as champions at the end of last season and nobody – including me, I must admit – gave them a chance of making an impact in the second tier of Scottish football.
I fully expected Jim Duffy’s side to be scrambling around the foot of the table (the cynics might suggest that Jim Duffy sides usually do), picking up the odd scrap here and there but nearly halfway through the season, ‘Ton are sitting fourth in the table.
So, why do I feel sorry for them? It’s mostly because nobody is talking about them. Rangers, Hibs and, to a lesser extent, Falkirk have been grabbing the headlines for most of the season and deservedly so, because all three sides have been excellent thus far.
On Saturday afternoon, Morton make the trip to Ibrox to take on league leaders Rangers but I’ve got a feeling that the side from Cappielow won’t enjoy their afternoon in the spotlight.
Rangers have been a fairly formidable force this season, particularly in front of a fervent home support and I’m expecting much of the same this weekend.
Backing Rangers at 1/6, though, is not really my style so, instead, I’ve found another way to get with Mark Warburton’s men.
The hosts have kept a clean sheet in eight of their 12 competitive fixtures at Ibrox thus far this term, including in each of their last four matches and, if you take out a 3-1 defeat against Scottish Premiership high-flyers St Johnstone in the League Cup, Rangers have conceded just three goals in 11 home matches so far this season.
Morton have been in fine form themselves recently, but they have drawn a blank in away matches against Hibs, Falkirk and Queen of the South and I’m not sure that this predominantly young, inexperienced Morton side have belief that they can mix it on the road against the better sides in the division.
The last meeting between these two teams ended in a thumping 4-0 win for Rangers and I expect that the ‘Gers will be back on easy street this weekend.
Rangers v Greenock Morton – Rangers to win ‘to nil’ (1/1 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at [email protected] telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at [email protected]
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|