LEICESTER look to return to the top of the table when they face Man City on Tuesday night. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the match for us.
Leicester v Manchester City | Tuesday 19:45 | BT Sport 1
Pop! That was the sound of Leicester’s bubble, err, popping on Boxing Day as their three month unbeaten run came to an end at Anfield. Now the big question is, how will they respond here?
The two icons of Leicester’s incredible season, Jamie Vadry and Riyad Mahrez were both substituted at Anfield on Boxing Day but are fit for this match on Tuesday night.
The second question attached to this match is what Man City side will turn up. In truth it’s been a poor December with defeats to Arsenal and Stoke but they blitzed past Sunderland 4-1 on Boxing Day. The trouble with trying to interpret that win though is trying to get a handle on how poor Sunderland are.
One thing in Leicester’s favour is City’s dreadful away form. They haven’t won away in the league since September so have a lot to prove here. Tottenham, Stoke and Arsenal have all beaten them in the last three months and they embarrassingly failed to beat Aston Villa.
As for Leicester, they’ve won five of their eight home matches and only Arsenal have beaten them on their own patch. It’s been a great run of form but can it continue here?
I think this could be a defining match for Leicester. Another defeat here and it’s quite possible their heads could drop. In many ways it’s the stiffest test they’ll face all season as I rate Man City the top side in the league on paper.
I’ve a feeling the real Man City might turn up here. Their defeat to Arsenal last week was poor and no doubt they felt the wrath of the media and coaching staff after that loss.
They’ll know the stakes are high here and a defeat would see them six off the pace going into the New Year. It’s not a position they’ll want to find themselves in.
It’s been a long few months for Leicester and this festive season might just find them out. I’m banking on a flashy City returning on Tuesday and dealing Leicester a hammer blow.
Leicester v Manchester City – Manchester City to win (10/11 Bet365)
Coral are offering new players 7/1 on Man City winning on Tuesday night.
If you take the odds we’ll give you the chance to win £100 cash.
Pick 5 winners in a row to pick up £100. Email us at [email protected] to claim your place.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|