DARTS punter Wayne Dews (@dewsy_21) picks out his best bet from Sunday’s PDC action.
Raymond van Barneveld v Stephen Bunting | Sunday 19:00 | Sky Sports 1
Without doubt, the highlight contest of the Second Round at the PDC World Darts Championship takes place on Sunday evening as Raymond van Barneveld faces Stephen Bunting. The winner is likely to face current favourite, Michael van Gerwen in the last-16.
This matchup is a repeat of their Quarter-Final contest from last year’s event, in which ‘Barney’ claimed a narrow 5-4 victory in an epic encounter.
The popular Dutchman is the favourite to progress to the next phase of the tournament, and can be backed at the best industry price – at the time of writing – of 11/20 with Boylesports, while Bunting supporters should look towards, Ladbrokes, William Hill and Paddy Power, who offer the top odds on a win for the Englishman at 13/8.
The role of the rankings have played a major part in these two facing each other so early in the tournament – van Barneveld is surely still well in advance of his current 16th seeding.
The 48 year-old chooses his tournament roles more carefully these days – and that has a detrimental effect on his Order of Merit standing, while Bunting has lost his way in recent months after bursting onto the PDC scene around twelve months ago.
His meteoric rise was enhanced with a wildcard place in the Premier League – and that was where his current slide began. A narrow survival of relegation only served as a delay, as the 30 year-old Liverpudlian tamely exited weeks after.
Several early tournament defeats have marred Bunting’s form in recent months, and he will surely face a stiff task again to oust his experienced rival here.
The betting angle that takes my eye for this game is in the Handicap Market, where van Barneveld can be backed to overcome a -1.5 set handicap at the generally available price of Evens.
I personally cannot see Bunting winning three sets in this contest and the value looks to be with the Dutchman in this market. A Correct Score of 4-2 to van Barneveld is also worthy of consideration for a small bet at the best odds of 4/1 with 888 Sport and BetVictor amongst others.
Raymond van Barneveld v Stephen Bunting – Raymond van Barneveld -1.5 sets (11/10 Marathon Bet)
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|