IT’S crisis time at Newcastle. Will they get anything from Chelsea on Saturday? Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) takes a look at the odds.
Newcastle v Chelsea | Saturday 17:30 | Sky Sports 1
The last time Newcastle hosted Chelsea in the league they won 2-1 last December. It was the peak of Alan Pardew’s encore from the club, he had pushed them off the bottom of the table to the European places in the space of six weeks. How Steve McClaren would love to figure out how to do that.
Newcastle lie 19th as I write after six games without a league win. Their Cup exploits have been equally as poor with a humbling elimination at the hands of a second string second tier Sheffield Wednesday side this midweek. Can McClaren turn it round? It’s a big ask here on Saturday.
After a horlicks of start, Chelsea’s season has taken flight with wins over Arsenal and Maccabi Tel Aviv in the last week and a half. Perhaps after the late start to their pre-season they’re finally hitting their groove?
On Saturday they’ll be without the suspended Diego Costa but are actually unbeaten in the Premier League without their dastardly villain. It can’t help though.
On the other side of the divide Aleksander Mitrovic returns for Newcastle from his suspension and make no mistake about it, he owes McClaren and the club some payback here.
The Serb has been playing like Paul Gascoigne in the 1991 FA Cup Final so far this season and could have conceivably been sent off in every game he’s played. I think the guy has talent and if he manages to harness his disciplinary issues he could be a potent threat.
In front of a demanding St James Park crowd on Saturday I just get the impression he might rise to the occasion and create some headlines. I’m going to place my first ever Anytime Goalscorer bet on him at 7/2 with Betfred and also back the Both Teams To Score offering at 4/5 with BetVictor.
Chelsea still look shaky at the back and have conceded in six of their eight matches this season. Walsall breached their rearguard midweek and I can see McClaren urging his troops to have a go on Saturday.
Newcastle v Chelsea – Both Teams To Score (4/5 BetVictor)
Newcastle v Chelsea – Aleksander Mitrovic to score anytime (7/2 Betfred)
Fancy backing Chelsea at 5/1 to beat awful Newcastle?
Join Betfair and you’ll qualify for those odds.
Take the offer and email us at [email protected] for another prize.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|