MAN City face a tough trip to Germany on Wednesday against Monchengladbach. Chris Graham (@chrisgraham79) previews the betting for us.
Borussia Monchengladbach v Manchester City | Wednesday 19:45 | Sky Sports 1
We’ve all been fascinated by the early season meltdown at Chelsea in recent weeks but seeing a Champions League club on it’s knees isn’t an exclusive Premier League 2015/16 trait. No, it’s happened in Germany, it’s happened to Borussia Monchengladbach.
Gladbach finished third in last season’s Bundesliga and take their place in the Champions League group stage for the first time ever this season. Life was all good with the club over the summer but this season hasn’t started well at all.
Defeats in all five of their opening Bundesliga matches allied with a convincing 3-0 loss to Sevilla in Champions League Matchday 1 meant that the architect of their success last year, Lucien Favre, walked.
The club were sad to see Favre go but since his departure things have improved. In the last week they’ve beaten Augsburg and Stuttgart in their domestic league and have climbed to 14th in the table.
As we know, Man City’s season has taken the opposite route. A stirring start with five wins out of five in the Premier League, since their Matchday 1 defeat to Juventus they’ve lost their way and been defeated in successive league games to West Ham and Tottenham.
Despite his ineffectiveness on Saturday against Tottenham, it’s a huge plus having Sergio Aguero back in this match and he was sorely missed against the Old Lady two weeks ago.
In the current climate backing Man City at odds on in a game like this seems like madness. We all know about their quirks in this European competition and there must be an air of confusion around the club after events of the last fortnight.
Since Favre’s departure, Monchengladbach have smashed in seven goals in their last two games. Perhaps his exit has liberated the players a little in the short-term?
There are positives and negatives attached to both teams at the moment but this match smells of goals. The German side have found their scoring boots again while City have scored in every match this season. At 8/11 Over 2.5 Goals looks a good thing.
Borussia Monchengladbach v Manchester City – Over 2.5 Goals (8/11 BetVictor)
Boylesports are trebling the price of their most popular Wednesday night acca.
You can now back Man City, Man Utd, Juventus & Atletico at bumper odds of 24/1.
Join here, take the offer and email us at [email protected] to receive an extra surprise.
Want TWO Free Bets And £10 Cash?
We’ll then arrange for TWO free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts and we’ll also cover your first bet with instant cash up to £10.
Remember folks, if you ever want to join a new bookmaker give us a shout – no other site will give you extra bonuses such as free bets and instant cash like WLB!
How To Claim Your Free Bet And Instant Cash:
- Register for a new account at Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor via any of the links on this page. If you don’t use a link from WLB, you won’t be valid.
- Deposit and place your first bet (minimum £10).
- Email [email protected] to let us know your account username, the bet you placed and the bookmaker you’ve joined.
- We’ll arrange for TWO £10 free bets to be dropped into your betting accounts as well as £10 instant cash to cover your first bet.
- Remember, you’ll also be entitled to the new customer bonus or promotion with each of Ladbrokes, Marathon, Bet365, 888 or BetVictor too. However, if you don’t join via the links on this page, you won’t be valid for our free bet and instant cash giveaway.
- Free bet crediting can take up to 28 days.
- Any questions? Just drop us an email or tweet us at @WeLoveBettingUK.
|Get treble the odds on your first bet when you sign-up at 888Sport|
|Claim up to £200 in bonuses when you join Bet365|
|Claim a £50 Welcome Bonus when you join Ladbrokes. Use code 'F50'|