WE asked Dino Vita (@Vita_Dino) to give us his best bet from the midweek Scottish League Cup fixtures.
Dunfermline v Dundee | Tuesday 19:45
My top selection from this week’s Scottish League Cup matches comes from the game between Premiership side Dundee and League 1 favourites Dunfermline on Tuesday night.
Dundee have began the season well winning two, drawing one and losing two. Those defeats have come against the two sides with a 100% record in the division at the moment – Hearts and Aberdeen, so there was certainly no shame in that.
Manager Paul Hartley has Dundee playing some great football this season and they’ve put in some eye catching performances. Pick of the bunch was their brilliant opening day win away at Kilmarnock and they also received deserved plaudits for their great comeback 2-2 draw in the Dundee Derby.
League One side Dunfermline have been flying so far winning their first five games, but that run ended on Saturday when they lost 2-1 at Peterhead.
The Pars have been blowing sides away this season but at League 1 level that’s to be expected. They certainly haven’t played a side of Dundee’s level so far this season yet and I think they’ll struggle against the Premiership outfit.
Dundee have a forward three in Kane Hemmings, Rory Loy and Greg Stewart who strike fear into most SPL sides, so I can imagine they’ll be licking their lips at the prospect of facing a League 1 defence on Tuesday night!
To sum up I think Dundee will have too much for Dunfermline tomorrow night and I’ll be backing them at 4/5 with the Scottish league sponsors Ladbrokes.
Dunfermline v Dundee – Dundee to win (4/5 Ladbrokes)
- Ladbrokes are sponsoring the Scottish league this season and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to pick up a huge prize.
- Join SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes here and claim your £50 matched free bet.
- When you sign up via that specific link send us an email at email@example.com telling us you’ve joined.
- Once verified we’ll set you a challenge. Pass the challenge and we’ll double your sign up offer!
- Didn’t open your Ladbrokes account via our link above? Sadly you won’t qualify for the double prize.
- Any questions? Get us at firstname.lastname@example.org